Community meeting on IRC 31st March 2022

Schedule: Thursday 2022-03-31T07:00:00Z   :world_map:   :date:

Topic proposals for the meeting:

• Add your name/nick using the template below to suggest a topic.
  • Indicate how much time you’ll need so we can time-box the meeting accordingly.
  • Please be as thorough as you can with your question/topic.
  • If you can’t make the meeting please ask and name a substitute.

It is expected that you show up and present your topic, or name a substitute and make sure they attend in your absence. These IRC meetings are for real time participation and live discussions, otherwise you can post the topic on here and get responses that way.

We need you to be present to clarify details in the topic, and to ensure the discussion is leading to the answers you are looking for! If you do not participate or your question/topic isn’t clear enough it will be postponed. Also: always ask for more time than you anticipate your topic needs!

Please have your topics ready at least 3 days before the meeting so we can prepare good answers. Topics announced afterwards will be postponed to the next meeting.

Template for topic proposal: (post your topic proposals as comments to this forum topic).

* Name/IRC nick:
* Topic:
* Some details about the topic:
* Approx. time needed:
* Substitute (optional):

2 Likes

Name/IRC nick: pherjung
Topic: Better tracking of bug report
Some details about the topic: I noticed some bug report written by the community on the forum are not always followed up by Jolla and only become tracked so once they mentioned in a community meeting.

Couldn’t a system like the translation one be set up? Some members of the community implicated in the community could act as bridge with Jolla. So various member could be in charge to verify bug reports, test them, get more information if necessary and ping Jolla to fill up a bug report on their own bug tracking system. Or even easier, these people could have access to Jolla’s bug tracking system.
Approx. time needed: ~15’
Substitute: I’ll be present.

8 Likes

Name/IRC nick: pherjung
Topic: What’s Jolla’s position on financial participation in the company?
Some details about the topic: Some users would be interested to invest in the company. See this topic. Another possibility would be for the community to fund features.
Approx. time needed: ~15’

4 Likes
  • Name/IRC nick: lolek
  • Topic: BlackBerry picture password license
  • Some details about the topic:
    on previous meeting I got informed that Jolla is unable to implement picture password like the one from BBOS10 because BlackBerry has patent on it. So my question is if maybe it would be possible to get this type of a lock as a paid option as part of Sailfish license? Then maybe it would be possible to just pay the fee to BB for this but at least a decent and a secure lock screen would be available.
    If it’s for me, this would be a key point to finally buy an SFOS license cause right now I see no point in doing so.
    BB is no longer manufacturing any phones not any other company for them from what I understand, so maybe it’s worth asking them?
  • Approx. time needed: 5min
  • Substitute (optional):
    More info:
    Community meeting on IRC 20th January 2022 - #4 by lolek

Minutes: #sailfishos-meeting: Sailfish OS, open source, collaboration -- 31st March 2022
Minutes (text): https://irclogs.sailfishos.org/meetings/sailfishos-meeting/2022/sailfishos-meeting.2022-03-31-07.00.txt
Log: #sailfishos-meeting log

Thanks once again for some great discussion from everyone at the meeting.

2 Likes