Community meeting on IRC 26th May 2022

Minutes: #sailfishos-meeting: Sailfish OS, open source, collaboration -- 26th May 2022
Minutes (text): https://irclogs.sailfishos.org/meetings/sailfishos-meeting/2022/sailfishos-meeting.2022-05-26-07.00.txt
Log: #sailfishos-meeting log

We had some interesting discussion at the meeting. Thanks to everyone who joined.

2 Likes

Please note that the statement in line 70 of the meeting minutes is not really backed by anything @piggz or I wrote:

07:11:11 <flypig> #info <Jolla> Chum is used for several “critical” Sailfish packages, such as Storeman.

If this is supposed to be the essence of my section 3 and / or the “Summary / TL;DR” section, these sections were heavily misunderstood, unfortunately. What these sections try to express is:

#info The SailfishOS-OBS is indispensable for SailfishOS:Chum, plus Storeman Installer and Storeman (thus also for OpenRepos) to work.
#info I.e., both (= all) community app stores absolutely depend on the SailfishOS-OBS.

Side note: SailfishOS:Chum is not “critical” for Storeman, even though it is also offered there.

HTH

Thanks; it’s good to be clear on this. So are you saying that Chum isn’t used for Storeman, or that Storeman isn’t a critical application?

Neither, really!

• Although Storeman is offered at SailfishOS:Chum, SailfishOS:Chum is not Storeman’s principal distribution path. The SailfishOS-OBS is Storeman’s principal distribution path, see Show home:olf:harbour-storeman - SailfishOS Open Build Service
  • I do think that Storeman and the SailfishOS:Chum GUI application are the most “critical” community apps, because these two apps enable the average user to access the only two community app stores: OpenRepos and SailfishOS:Chum
2 Likes

Ah, okay, I think I understand my error now. I should have written:

Community OBS is used for several “critical” Sailfish packages, such as Storeman and the Chum GUI.

1 Like

Ack.

20 senseless chars