Community meeting on IRC 24th November 2022

Schedule: Thursday 2022-11-24T08:00:00Z   :world_map:   :date:

Topic proposals for the meeting:

• Add your name/nick using the template below to suggest a topic.
  • Indicate how much time you’ll need so we can time-box the meeting accordingly.
  • Please be as thorough as you can with your question/topic.
  • If you can’t make the meeting please ask and name a substitute.

It is expected that you show up and present your topic, or name a substitute and make sure they attend in your absence. These IRC meetings are for real time participation and live discussions, otherwise you can post the topic on here and get responses that way.

We need you to be present to clarify details in the topic, and to ensure the discussion is leading to the answers you are looking for! If you do not participate or your question/topic isn’t clear enough it will be postponed. Also: always ask for more time than you anticipate your topic needs!

Please have your topics ready at least 3 days before the meeting so we can prepare good answers. Topics announced afterwards will be postponed to the next meeting.

Template for topic proposal: (post your topic proposals as comments to this forum topic).

* Name/IRC nick:
* Topic:
* Some details about the topic:
* Approx. time needed:
* Substitute (optional):

Open Pull Requests:
If you have, or know of, a pull request that’s been open for at least 3 weeks, but which you think deserves attention, please add a comment using the template below and we’ll consider it during the next meeting.

* Name/IRC nick:
* Open PR URL:

Bugs

Can be closed

4 Likes

App Contacts: no routing to a saved address of a contact with “Here we go”

Also in Pure Maps!

• Name/IRC nick: thigg
  • Topic: log persistence/ easing gathering logs
  • Some details about the topic:
    Journalctl Logs are rolled over quite quickly in SFOS.
    It is likely that some bug reports are struggling to collect logs because when the person is back home and thinks about getting those logs, they are gone already (example).
    It might be helpful to collect logs for a longer period of time (e.g. one week)?
    They still might forget this, thus maybe we could add a userfriendly button somewhere to save the whole journal with a dedicated name? (Maybe even able to select a broad category, e.g. bug with connection, in browser,…)
    That way the gathering of logs would take ~30 seconds for the user and it is way more likely they do it.
  • Approx. time needed: 10
  • Substitute (optional): if i am not there, discuss without me. Maybe @attah is interested as well.
3 Likes
  • Name/IRC nick: LSolrac
  • Topic: VoLTE for Ports
  • Some details about the topic: I vaguely remember someone mentioning VoLTE for unofficial ports in the forums. However, I have not been able to see any talk about it again. So I ask, is there a plan to implement a standard for porters to implement VoLTE in their devices?
  • Approx. time needed: 8~10
  • Substitute (optional):
3 Likes

Meeting ended Thu Nov 24 09:29:33 2022 UTC.
Minutes: #sailfishos-meeting: Sailfish OS, open source, collaboration -- 24th November 2022
Minutes (text): https://irclogs.sailfishos.org/meetings/sailfishos-meeting/2022/sailfishos-meeting.2022-11-24-08.01.txt
Log: #sailfishos-meeting log

Thank you for the excellent questions and for everyone who was able to join. It was once again a lively and interesting discussion!

1 Like