Community meeting on IRC 17th February 2022

Schedule: Thursday 2022-02-17T08:00:00Z   :world_map:   :date:

Topic proposals for the meeting:

• Add your name/nick using the template below to suggest a topic.
  • Indicate how much time you’ll need so we can time-box the meeting accordingly.
  • Please be as thorough as you can with your question/topic.
  • If you can’t make the meeting please ask and name a substitute.

It is expected that you show up and present your topic, or name a substitute and make sure they attend in your absence. These IRC meetings are for real time participation and live discussions, otherwise you can post the topic on here and get responses that way.

We need you to be present to clarify details in the topic, and to ensure the discussion is leading to the answers you are looking for! If you do not participate or your question/topic isn’t clear enough it will be postponed. Also: always ask for more time than you anticipate your topic needs!

Please have your topics ready at least 3 days before the meeting so we can prepare good answers. Topics announced afterwards will be postponed to the next meeting.

Template for topic proposal: (post your topic proposals as comments to this forum topic).

* Name/IRC nick:
* Topic:
* Some details about the topic:
* Approx. time needed:
* Substitute (optional):

1 Like
  • Name/IRC nick: attah
  • Topic: Calculation of minimum SFOS version in Store/Harbour
  • Some details about the topic: Continued from here. Adding aarch64 packages limits the minimum SFOS version to 3.4 for the other architectures too. Ideally the minimum versions should be specific to each architecture determined by applying whatever magic to the individual packages. From last time the question was brought up it sounded like that was hard to do with the current Harbour architecture. So i would like to ask if it is possible to not count the aarch64 package in current checks - since getting 3.4 as minimum version is just as wrong as 2.0 anyway. Many nice apps are missing for aarch64 due to this.
  • Approx. time needed: 15 min
  • Substitute (optional): I will try to make it, but it is during working hours, so if something comes up i cannot.
1 Like
  • Name/IRC nick: attah
  • Topic: Small/low screen mode for the longphones
  • Some details about the topic: Continued from here. Would it be possible to get a cropped display mode on the longphones? 16:9 would be especially relevant and should work out of the box with apps and UI. Use-cases include better one-handed usability, producing screenshots in the correct aspect ratio for Harbour, and adapting to possible future video output (Xperia 10 III).
    Oh, look what i found: https://github.com/mer-hybris/qt5-qpa-hwcomposer-plugin/pull/93
  • Approx. time needed: 15 min
  • Substitute (optional):
2 Likes
  • Name/IRC nick: flypig
  • Topic: Duplex Telegram bridge for #saiilfishos-meeting
  • Some details about the topic: During the last meeting we discussed how we could improve the community meetings. A nice suggestion from @pherjung was to make full participation possible via @Thaodan’s Telegram bridge, which is currently read-only. We said we’d look into it, and this will be our chance to give an update.
  • Approx. time needed: 5 mins

Minutes: #sailfishos-meeting: Sailfish OS, open source, collaboration -- 17th February 2022
Minutes (text): https://irclogs.sailfishos.org/meetings/sailfishos-meeting/2022/sailfishos-meeting.2022-02-17-08.00.txt
Log: #sailfishos-meeting log

1 Like

Cool, it’s fixed! Thanks for bringing this up in the meeting. It’s been bothering me, too. Sorry I missed the meeting. Head in the clouds. (or somewhere else)

1 Like