Community meeting on IRC 14th April 2022

Schedule: Thursday 2022-04-14T07:00:00Z   :world_map:   :date:

Topic proposals for the meeting:

• Add your name/nick using the template below to suggest a topic.
  • Indicate how much time you’ll need so we can time-box the meeting accordingly.
  • Please be as thorough as you can with your question/topic.
  • If you can’t make the meeting please ask and name a substitute.

It is expected that you show up and present your topic, or name a substitute and make sure they attend in your absence. These IRC meetings are for real time participation and live discussions, otherwise you can post the topic on here and get responses that way.

We need you to be present to clarify details in the topic, and to ensure the discussion is leading to the answers you are looking for! If you do not participate or your question/topic isn’t clear enough it will be postponed. Also: always ask for more time than you anticipate your topic needs!

Please have your topics ready at least 3 days before the meeting so we can prepare good answers. Topics announced afterwards will be postponed to the next meeting.

Template for topic proposal: (post your topic proposals as comments to this forum topic).

* Name/IRC nick:
* Topic:
* Some details about the topic:
* Approx. time needed:
* Substitute (optional):

• Name/IRC nick: pherjung
  • Topic: Structure EA phase with specific task
  • Some details about the topic: Seems EA phase is “let’s try and catch them all”. It works well, but sometimes some bug stay in the nature and appears once update is out of EA. Could it be a possibility to add a page to Collaborate | Sailfish OS Documentation listing all things to test (Fingerprint, specific function, etc.) for each device. Then each user report what doesn’t work in a new topic?
  • Approx. time needed: 30’
  • Substitute (optional): I should be present.
2 Likes
  • Name/IRC nick: direc85
  • Topic: Using compass under Sailjail
  • Some details about the topic: As I updated GPSInfo with appropriate Sailjail permissions, it turned out that compass isn’t included in Location permission. Compass works when Sensors permission is added (which makes sense), but Sensors permission should not be used by applications directly. This makes GPSInfo and many other apps Harbour-incompatible. Is compass going to be added to Location permission, Sensors added to allowed list, or can it be solved otherwise?
  • Approx. time needed: 5min
  • Substitute (optional): I can’t attend the meeting, and no substitute needed in my opinion.
3 Likes

Name/IRC nick: stiray
Topic: Bluetooth passtrough to android
Some details about the topic: I have noticed that this option is rolling around the forums for quite a while. It is not reasonable to expect that the applications for various bluetooth devices will be implemented natively in sailfish while on the other side market is full of various hardware with their proprietary android applications. Avoiding buying something that at the end wont work with Sailfish is a bit of an annoyance, is there any effort to actually implement this? I have read the specification for bluetooth “a bit” and the whole thing is a monster but probably there should be a way to present the bluetooth to the android container without implementing the whole stack.
Approx. time needed: 5min
Substitute (optional): I will try to attend but I dont think that here is much to present from my side.

• Name/IRC nick: @poetaster
  • Topic: KCalendarCore & Co.
  • Some details about the topic: Nemo-qml-plugin-calendar timeline for harbour? Since a bunch of discussion took place here. Question 1. Favour QDesktopService over Dbus for interaction? Question 2. can the qml plugin be enhanced with granular permissions to permit it in harbour? my understanding is that it’s too privileged currently (ie. can write to calendar db).
  • Approx. time needed: 5-10 minutes
  • Substitute (optional): I’ll be there.

Minutes: #sailfishos-meeting: Sailfish OS, open source, collaboration -- 14th April 2022
Minutes (text): https://irclogs.sailfishos.org/meetings/sailfishos-meeting/2022/sailfishos-meeting.2022-04-14-07.00.txt
Log: #sailfishos-meeting log

Once again we had some very energetic and purposeful discussion. Thank you to everyone who attended.

2 Likes

Thank you for not only giving even more detailed answer than I was expecting, but also having the fix already merged in! Great work everyone!

3 Likes