Community meeting on 30th May 2024

Ah, I just checked on the phone:
curl https://vub-resto.opencloudedge.be/v1/etterbeek.nl.json | jq ‘.[] | select(.date == “2024-05-31”)’ | grep dish is pretty speedy. I’ve forgotten how to use map in jq, but I’d do this with jq. not sure if that’s more or less efficient since jq is a language itself.

Yeh, I don’t think it’d be that difficult to throw it together in bash with jq, but then again I’d have to have jq around :smiley:
Most of the things you’d need here are by default on SF in Python afaik.

I have jq on the phone (it’s in the repos) for fetching calendar entries and pushing them into the calendar. I also use it for test scripts for my crappy weather app. I’ll take a look later just for laughs since the calendar script is a similar problem. But you’ll have it done before I get to it, I suspect :slight_smile: I do believe all the necessary bits for a python version are there.

1 Like

Thank you for responding to the many questions brought to this community meeting!

I’ll eagerly wait for future news on the source code license(s), and I’ll start a topic on developer device licenses. (Also, thank you for yearly and perpetual license options!)

The seeming lack of kernel and driver support on the Jolla Community Phone 2 was something of a disappointment. While Xperia hardware has generally been nice, some functionality has stayed in a (semi-?)broken state even though Sony have released updates. I would expect more from a new “reference device”.

The Discord invite link for the Mind2 in the meeting minutes seems to have expired. The one provided on the https://www.jollamind2.com page may be good (it hadn’t expired, but I still couldn’t register).

2 Likes

I suppose the main purpose of C2 - as a reference phone for developers - is to have a high-quality, closer-to-hardware port available for both the sailors and the community. In that regard the specs are somewhat secondary, as long as they are adequate (which they are IMO). Having a cooperating manufacturer with adequate support, and knowing the availability/manufacturability of the device to some time into the future are way more important, I think.

And soon^tm there should be X10IV/V support, which have a lot more to offer in the specs department! Things are looking quite good actually, aren’t they?

1 Like

I agree, which is why I’m a bit disappointed. My impression from the reply is that this will be no different than for the Xperias. I may still get the C2, though.

personally, i would take VoLTE support on the XZ2c over any of these phones. i love that little guy.
it would be nice if they supported even one world phone (the world including the delicate little snowflake that is north america, i mean).

1 Like