Can't login to forum no more! Please help!

I can’t log in no more into the forum as Seven.of.nine after I changed the e-mail address in the profile and used the same mail address as for this account (Star.Trek). Now the system doesn’t let me log in any more but replies ‘Primary email has already been taken’. Fortunately I’m still able to log in now as Star.Trek and therefore my ‘cry for help’ here. What can I do to make log in as Seven.of.nine possible again? Log in to the Jolla Shop is still possible as Seven.of.nine but not log in into the forum.

What shall I do?

I can’t find any support e-mail address on the public websites of Jolla/Jollyboys, therefore I have to ask here.

Have you tried the obvious thing and changing the email away again?

1 Like

On the Seven.of.nine account I can’t change anything because I can’t log in there no more. On this account I’m very afraid to do something wrong and then can’t log in also into this Star.Trek account.

Shall I change the address on Star.Trek account to another address and will the Seven.of.nine account then work again?

That would be the obvious first step - since that’s basically undoing what you did to break it.
Obviously use an address you actually control.

If I check my preferences here, the system doesn’t let me change my mail address to another one.

Wouldn’t that be a setting on https://account.jolla.com/ rather than “here”?

Yes it’s https://account.jolla.com/ , where I can log in as 7o9 and in the settings I see the new mail address, what’s the same address as for the Star.Trek account.

I’ll log out from here and try to log in as 7o9, maybe it needed some time and works now.

edit: log in still not possible, still ‘Primary email has already been taken’ is shown.

…and it is there where you need to put a different email address for (one of) the two accounts.
It is really hard to help when you leave out commenting on these crucial parts.

1 Like

Maybe this is a feature. My 2 cents here: Delete the Star.Trek account. Maybe this will do the trick.

When not: Wait until tomorrow or create a new account with a different mail or click the burger icon → about. There is a link for “the event of a critical issue or urgent matter affecting this site”.

If you have no more access to this forum you can use the mail address in this post to ask me for making posts for your in this forum.

1 Like

It works again!!

I set it back to the old address and login works now on the 7o9 account.

@hanswf The Star.Trek account is linked to another phone that has another Jolla account, therefore the second forum account. Normally I always use the 7o9 account to read and write. Can I delete the Star.Trek account on the forum without also deleting the Jolla account for the phone?

Thank you!

Hmm… no idea. I have all my phones bound at only this account. Jolla | Login shows only my living and dead devices. FYI: In Account.Jolla you can changes the account passwort (too ?).

yes, 2 phones on 1 account is no problem. My wife’s and my phone are also registered on this account, but another one was yet registered with a paid licence on another account as I got it, and I also have another phone from a friend who doesn’t want to use SFOS no more and gifted it to me, but without account creds.

Ok. Always the world ist a little more tricky than expected. For me let the gifted phone/account as it is. But you can change the account of the paid phone. If this is not possible direct on the phone please ask the Jolla support. They will do this.

Maybe my post are to detailed for this forum. So the message function of this forum can be a better way for further discussing details. You are welcome. [Or join our Sailfish meeting today at 19:30 :slight_smile: ]

1 Like

Oh Gracias, i fear for the Sailfish meeting my English isn’t good enough…

Good luck and success for the meeting!