Calendar alarms don't work for recurring events since SFOS 4.5.x.x [Solved]

@carmenfdezb The fix provided by @dcaliste has been merged. Are you still impacted by this issue?

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve noticed that if I add a recurring event and I don’t set an end date, alarm only sound in the first event.

I came mark this as tracked but changes that changes that been make are have available only next bigger release.

2 Likes

But isn’t it fixed for sfos 4.5.0.24? I installed mkcal-qt5 when I was in sfos 4.5.0.21 from here: http://dcaliste.free.fr/SailfishOS/mkcal-qt5-0.6.12.1-1.aarch64.rpm. After, I’ve updated SailfishOS to last version (4.5.0.24) and I have currently mkcal-qt5-0.6.12.1-1.18.1.jolla.aarch64 installed. As I said, it’s not working for recurring events when I don’t set an end date.

1 Like

I need to clarify myself as I realized that changes in mkcal upgrade-4.5.0 branch have indeed been already released in 4.5.0.21 meaning that something else has to be broken.

@carmenfdezb that 0.6.12.1 is exactly the right version. Whatever comes after last dot doesn’t count as that’s coming from build counter.

1 Like

I cannot reproduce. Can you give a bit more description of your event / alarm setup ? What is the recurring period, when is it schedule to trigger, do you have exceptions…

From my side, I tested by setting up a daily event, triggering alarm at the moment of event, without exceptions and without ending date. The alarm rung at the moment of the first event and I checked with timedclient-qt5 that an alarm was reschedule for tomorrow.

2 Likes

Hi @dcaliste! Thank you for your answer. In my case was weekly event and I set the alarm 15 minutes before the event. This recurrent event is working now, I think since a set an ending date. I will try to reproduce again this bug, with a new recurrent event (daily event) and I will comment here if it’s working or not.

1 Like

Today alarm event didn’t sound. Configuration of the event:

I have 4.5.0.24 on a 10 III. This problem was existing for me before this update and when the update came out, it started working again for maybe a week or two… and now I am back to no alarms. I have been watching this thread and noted that there doesn’t seem to be a firm solution even though it is marked as solved.

I have two calendar events, each bi-weekly. (blue bin goes out one week, black bin goes out the other) and the alarm is set for 5 mins before the event on Wednesday at 7pm. Doesn’t sound.

I have tried timedclient-qt5 as su and normal user and nothing shows. Also tried setting an end date on one of the events and that hasn’t solved it either. Nor has a reboot.

I have also tried destroying and re-creating the events. Come to think of it, this might have resulted in the “first alarm only” of a series sounding. I’ll try another destroy and re-create. But… this has resulted in me not relying on the phone for alarms any more.

I was testing this in the background (read: I forgot about it, up to the moment I remembered that an alarm was supposed to ring every two weeks…), and it occured to me also.

I don’t know how to reproduce though : / So for the moment, no good news on this problem. Still investigating.

1 Like