Intermediate positions in app drawer only work on the first "page"

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 100%
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 4.2.0.19
HARDWARE (XA2, X10, X10 II, …): Xperia 10 ii
UI LANGUAGE:German
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): No

DESCRIPTION:

There is a realy cool new feature: the app drawer can “stick” in intermediate positions :slight_smile: But this feature only works as long as the bar at the top edge of the app drawer is visible in the home screen :frowning:

This is not realy a bug, I know, but the cool feature could be improved. Please feel free to move this topic under the category “feature request” if you consider this more adequat.

PRECONDITIONS:

Have many apps so the app drawer has more than one “page”

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. pull up app drawer with a swipe from the bottom edge. Stop pulling up before the app drawer is fully opened. Wait until the bar at the app drawer’s top edge changes colour from white to ambience colour. Then app drawer won’t move further when you relese your finger and you can easily open an app not too far above on the screen
  2. Once the top edge of the app drawer moved beyond the top edge of the screen, this cool feature is gone and the second (and every further) page of the app drawer will always move up over the full screen height (as it used to be until SFOS 4.1)

EXPECTED RESULT:

Rather hoped for than expected: The app drawer can also be positioned in intermediate positions on the second and any further screen

ACTUAL RESULT:

The app drawer cannot be positioned in intermediate positions on the second and any further screen - the feature only works on the first screen (and this already is an improvement)

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)

7 Likes

It sounds more like a feature request.

I agree
(more characters)

I disagree.
The current implementation does not fulfill “making it possible to reach any app icon”, which was the point.

Another thing that I would very much like to see is so that drawers/folders open in the same position as the main launcher screen. I mean, if pull the app grid and ‘freeze’ it in some intermediate position and then I open a folder from it, it would be great if the folder opened in the same positon so that I can still reach its contents without having to pull the screen down again.

1 Like

Might I direct the readers of this thread to:

https://coderus.openrepos.net/pm2/project/launcher-free-scroll

Which seems to fulfill some of the things mentioned.

This is a feature request, I’ll move it to the corresponding category.

3 Likes

You are right - thank you!