Browser - not working alongside dnsmask

I had dnsmask on my system which seems to be requirement for waydroid which I’m trying to play with.
After removing dnsmask of course some parts of waydroid has been removed.

The solution you ask me to mark is not actually 100% valid. A valid one would be situation where dnsmask wouldn’t need to be removed from the system. And instead some configuration would need to be added.

Hence I’ll wait till someone will find out how to make changes to dnsmaks so it doesn’t break browser, only after that I’ll make that reply as a solution. Because right now we have a workaround which is not proper solution.

1 Like

In this case, I invite you to update your bug report and add missing information.
Thank you :slight_smile:

done :slight_smile:

Post must be at least 20 characters

I edited the title to correspond the reality. Can you please update the section PRECONDITIONS? Have you only installed dnsmask? Did you applied some other modification? You have waydroid installed? Can you add all these information under this section? Aim is, if someone with no idea see your bug report understand it and can reproduce it easily.
:slight_smile:

sorry for very very late reply, I can’t edit the post I don’t see option for that :frowning:

On trying this: ‘pkcon remove dnsmasq’ it wanted to do this:

[root@VollaPhone defaultuser]# pkcon remove dnsmasq
Auflösen
Abfragen
Änderungen werden getestet
Fertig [ ] (0%)
Die folgenden Pakete müssen entfernt werden:
dnsmasq-2.86-1.4.1.jolla.aarch64 A lightweight DHCP/caching DNS server
waydroid-1.2.0+git6-1.6.1.jolla.noarch Container-based approach to boot a full Android system
waydroid-gbinder-config-hybris-1.2.0+git6-1.6.1.jolla.noarch gbinder config for hybris ports
waydroid-runner-0.3.1-1.4.1.jolla.aarch64 Waydroid session wrapper
Mit Änderungen fortfahren? [N/y] N

Die Transaktion wurde nicht weitergeführt.

Schwerwiegender Fehler: user declined simulation
[root@VollaPhone defaultuser]#

So I aborted. Waydroid survived, but browser has still no address resolution.
@lolek I’ll also better wait now, too.

@akikyo Starting the browser by typing ‘sailfish-browser’ in CLI also works fine on my Volla.

edit: where are the app grid starters stored? Aren’t there some options or arguments how to start an app by tapping on the icon?

I’m not waiting I removed dnsmasq as I don’t need waydroid. I was only testing it.

1 Like

As interim solution I made an alias in ~/.profile:
alias sfb=‘sailfish-browser’

So I can easily start the browser by CLI until the problem is solved.

edit: the other affected app, AllRadio, can be launched in the same way by CLI and this alias in ~/.profile:
alias radio=‘harbour-allradio’

When operating from laptop, this messages appear on the CLI, I hope this may help to find the bug.

Browser:

[defaultuser@VollaPhone ~]$ sfb
[D] unknown:0 - Using Wayland-EGL
library “libpq_cust.so” not found
greHome from GRE_HOME:/usr/bin
libxul.so is not found, in /usr/bin/libxul.so
Created LOG for EmbedLiteTrace
[D] onCompleted:105 - ViewPlaceholder requires a SilicaFlickable parent
Created LOG for EmbedLite
Created LOG for EmbedPrefs
Created LOG for EmbedLiteLayerManager

/# Browser is up and working now
/# after closing Browser, the following lines appear:

Call EmbedLiteApp::StopChildThread()
[defaultuser@VollaPhone ~]$

Allradio:

[defaultuser@VollaPhone ~]$ radio
[W] unknown:0 - SailfishApp::application() called multiple times
[D] unknown:0 - Using Wayland-EGL
library “libpq_cust.so” not found
[W] unknown:166 - file:///usr/share/harbour-allradio/qml/pages/Favorites.qml:166:32: Unable to assign [undefined] to QString
[W] unknown:166 - file:///usr/share/harbour-allradio/qml/pages/Favorites.qml:166:32: Unable to assign [undefined] to QString
[W] unknown:166 - file:///usr/share/harbour-allradio/qml/pages/Favorites.qml:166:32: Unable to assign [undefined] to QString
[W] unknown:166 - file:///usr/share/harbour-allradio/qml/pages/Favorites.qml:166:32: Unable to assign [undefined] to QString
[D] onStatusChanged:236 - STATUS2
[D] onReadyChanged:54 - http://stream01.superfly.fm:8080/live128
[D] onStatusChanged:236 - STATUS4
[D] onStatusChanged:236 - STATUS1

/# Radio is up and playing now
/# on changing stations, some messages appear

onStatusChanged:236 - STATUS2
[D] onStatusChanged:236 - STATUS4
[D] onStatusChanged:236 - STATUS1
[D] onStatusChanged:236 - STATUS2
[D] onReadyChanged:54 - http://i.streams.ovh:9521/stream
[D] onStatusChanged:236 - STATUS4

/# after closing AllRadio, the following lines appear:

Segmentation fault (core dumped)
[defaultuser@VollaPhone ~]$

I hope this small report may help.

edit: Experiments revealed: it was the Sailjail thing.

Adding

[X-Sailjail]
Sandboxing=Disabled

to the application starter file in

/usr/share/applications/

did it. Allradio and Browser now working as usual.