Banking apps on Sailfish OS

@Jcasagrandefilho, please provide all relevant data, as described in the instructions.

2 Likes

The ING banking app in Germany works just fine without microG

@ckonte, just as Jcasagrandefilho you missed to denote all relevant data. E.g. that this app works for you without microG does not mean that it did on older versions of AppSupport. Hence please fill out all positions and fields as described in the instructions.

• Name of the bank: ING Deutschland (Germany)
  • Name of the app: ING banking to go
  • Version of the app: 7.10.3
  • To what extent it works (see scale at the end of the wiki-page): A1
  • Which SailfishOS version you are using: 4.5.0.25
  • Which device you are using: 10 III
3 Likes

Name of the bank: Tomorrow (Solarisbank, Germany)
Name of the app: Tomorrow
Version of the app: 3.51.1
To what extent it works (see scale at the end of the wiki-page): G2
Which SailfishOS version you are using: 4.5.0.25
Which device you are using: 10 III

Love it! Never tried without MicroG. Not working: Biometrics for login, scan QR-codes, send device data for “better fraud protection”, re-login needed after transfer

1 Like

@Olf sorry, I missed I was on the cellphone and forgot to set correctly
Name of the bank: NuBank
Name of the app: Nubank: conta, cartao e mais
Version of the app: 9.12.15-miniApi28
To what extent it works (see scale at the end of the wiki-page): G4

Name of the bank: Monzo UK
Name of the app: Monzo
Version of the app: 5.57.1
To what extent it works (see scale at the end of the wiki-page): A1 + N3
Which SailfishOS version you are using: 4.5.0.24

1 Like

N3? Is there a native Sailfish OS app for this bank?

Well, there’s at least the one I wrote for myself a while ago making use of their API :grin:

2 Likes

If others can use it you should rapport it as a separate app.

A bank with an API :slight_smile: where do I sign up?

Edit: Found this 2017 blog post linked from the API docs:

…and not much news after that. The mention of PSD2 always is a bad omen, a directive that seems designed just to allow people select which data hoarding businesses get access - access people themselves are exempt from.

2 Likes

I doubt there are two Monzo users on SFOS out there, also I can’t make it public:

2 Likes

Yes, they seem to have given up half way through. I’m glad they at least didn’t shut it down like others may have done. The API has been working reliably for the last 8 years or so.

1 Like

Name of the bank: Santander US
Name of the app: Santander
Version of the app: 5.9.5
To what extent it works (see scale at the end of the wiki-page): A2

Nordea ID A1 Xperia X

Software inform that not allowed on jailbraked devices

Is this in Finland? (20 characters)

@metfi, as Jcasagrandefilho and ckonte originally did, you missed to denote all relevant data. Hence please fill out all positions and fields as described in the instructions.

It is a Wiki page, hence you can directly do that on the topmost post, if you have reached “member” status in this forum; if not, either wait or put the complete set of information in a separate post in this discussion thread (“topic”). Some good souls integrate the information in these separate posts into the main list quite quickly, but one should not offload this work to them due to negligence or lazyness.

It’s not the simplest thing to modify a wiki post for the first time. When doing my entry I got it quite messed up until finding out by some trial and error that you have to leave a specific amount of spaces in front of each row for the format. It’s not very intuitive so it’s bound to scare a first-timer off.

1 Like

Fully agreed, that is why I wrote that one can directly edit it, but also described the option of putting the complete information for an entry into a separate post.

But the main points are:

• Do provide the complete set of required information as described in the instructions.
  • Do not offload work to others due to negligence or lazyness, because this is unfair, as you steal other people’s spare time. If one tries editing the wiki page, runs into issues and then decides to rather post the complete entry in a separate post, this is absolutely fine.
3 Likes

From what appstore did you install this version? On Aptoide its stuck to 7.7.3, and this is not supported by ING anymore.