App of Matrix-Client hydrogen up for adoption

@pherjung are you 100% sure that clearing the cache is needed? I just got confirmation from @direc85 that it worked directly for him too.

@thigg I would do the next hydrogen version update when I have time to refactor the OBS build a bit.
BTW, would you agree to move your repo to https://github.com/sailfishos-open/harbour-hydrogen to keep a redirect and the current issues?
Thanks!

I did have a hiccup with one channel, but I think it has something to do with changes in the channel. It was moved to its own space (or something like that, it’s a Matrix thing) and for a day I couldn’t see any messages in the channel. When I sent a message to the channel using another client, it was restored to normal functionality.

So no clearing caches required in my case :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sure, I am willing to transfer the repo, how does it work? just move the repo to the organization?

I would have to transfer both repos, right? (the mirror of hydrogen with patches and the packaging) or do you plan to use only one?

Otherwise I could create an organization and add you as members.

(sorry for the long delay on my side)

1 Like

Sounds like the easiest thing, to create a new org (sailfishos-hydrogen)?
I was myself caught (and may still be for a couple of weeks) on working on another thing, so don’t worry about timing :wink:
As I see Allow closing room creation and room joining views on small screens by psrpinto · Pull Request #951 · vector-im/hydrogen-web · GitHub is not yet merged we still need the second repository.
Thanks!

Confirmed hydrogen-sailfishos · GitHub access, thanks @thigg, we’ll do our best to continue this.
(Blame any delays on me)

3 Likes

Did someone try hydrogen 0.4.0?

On 0.4.1 and the hackathon seems to have been an amazing success, audio/video calls (haven’t tried yet, there’s blueish tint on the camera preview, still amazing), notifications and dark theme, awesome stuff, wish it would be possible to run in background as a daemon for notifications, thanks for all you work!

4 Likes