Android App disappears (Green Pass App)

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 100
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 4.3.0.12
HARDWARE (XA2, X10, X10 II, …): XA2
UI LANGUAGE: german
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?):

DESCRIPTION:

After updating to 4.3.0.12 my GREEN PASS App for COVID disapears from App-Launcher

PRECONDITIONS:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Install GREEN PASS App from Aurora Store
  2. Disable and enable Android Support

EXPECTED RESULT:

nothing

ACTUAL RESULT:

the App-Launching-Symbol disappears

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

the app is still there, i can launch it through aurora store. If i re-install it, the symbol is back again untill i disable/enable android support, then it’s gone again

3 Likes

The same with Slack here - my main work app…

2 Likes

Known issue and reported already many times.

“Jolla solution” until next release in 3-6 months:
open the store you installed it from and start it from there

That doesn’t work for me. The app does not show up in f-droid or android settings and after reinstalling, all data is gone…

Maybe known, but never faced before this update…

Yes.

See here

and here for a soon™ to come

Issue also seen with Slack. A bit of a pain.

The fix to prevent Slacks and some other Android icons from disappearing will arrive in OS update 4.4.0.

3 Likes

My solution until then:

# tar tf /run/media/nemo/Ulysse31/install/backdesk.tar
usr/share/applications/apkd_launcher_com_Slack-slack_app_ui_HomeActivity.desktop
usr/share/applications/apkd_launcher_com_assura_myassura-com_assura_myassura_MainActivity.desktop
var/lib/apkd/apkd_launcher_com_Slack-slack_app_ui_HomeActivity.png
var/lib/apkd/apkd_launcher_com_assura_myassura-com_assura_myassura_MainActivity.png

…i keep a tar file with a backup of the .desktop menu shortcuts and of the .png icons.
I just un-tar it whenever I restart aliendalvik and need the icons.

(Note: if you force re-installing an app (e.g. installing the base.apk that you already have on the phone in the app’s directory) with an APK installer (e.g. with SAI), as the icons reappear in application tray, so do the necessary files on the storage, obviously).

TODO: I should make a .patch file with the correct position in the /home/nemo/.config/lipstick/applications.menu file, so they also get restored in the correct groups.

Why not just put a start command in qcommand until the bug has been fixed?

1 Like

It’s more comfortable than carrying the yellow pass around, at least. However, the end of all this is near. Summer means freedom:)
I personally don’t see any point in enforcing vaccinations. However, denying access to people neither vaccinated nor tested, e.g. To a mask-free area does perfectly make sense from a medical point of view.

Thanks for the idea! The command line for qCommand I copied from the app-starter file named apkd_handler_[…].desktop in the folder /usr/share/applications/. After opening that file in the file manager, I just copied everything after the = sign from the line starting with Exec=.