Android alarm cannot be stopped

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 100%
HARDWARE (Jolla1, Tablet, XA2,…): XA2
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): No

DESCRIPTION:

Android app (at least Hesburger app when order is ready) toggles alarm and there is no way to stop it. The alarm sound is the same as for the alarm clock.

PRECONDITIONS:

Android app that will sound the alarm

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. make an order on Hesburger app :slight_smile:
  2. wait for it to get prepared
  3. alarm triggered

EXPECTED RESULT:

some way of disabling the alarm

ACTUAL RESULT:

unable to stop the alarm

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

1 Like

I experienced the same on an Video Conferencing application called Circuit.
Same issue as described above, same HW.

Same with reminders from Fitbit Android App - also XA2, Sailfish 3.4, and uses the clock alarm sound defined under sailfish settings.

I’ve been experiencing this same bug on my Xperia 10 III with Sailfish OS 4.4.0.64.

Same here on Xperia 10 III, also with 4.4.0.64. Most recently experienced with the Android application “FamilyWall”… if someone puts a reminder in for a calendar event, at the reminder point it sets off an alarm with no visible way to cancel it and as it’s an alarm will not respect the silent or ring volume setting.

It seems there should be a way to disable the alarm from Android apps or display them as a proper alarm that can be cancelled in the normal way.

Thanks for raising this @hhshhs, and for all of the other reports. It’s especially useful to know that it happens in multiple Android apps and on different hardware devices, at least as recently as 4.4.0.64 (I removed “XA2” from the title to match this).

I’ve created an internal issue for this and tagged it as “tracked” here. If there are updates to share I’ll do my best to post them back here.

I think it’s been happening to me as well. Except I don’t know which app is doing it and why, so I just randomly get an alarm that cannot be muted.