4.5.0.16 Cannot install Chum-Gui

But they are available there, see Show sailfishos:chum / sailfishos-chum-gui - SailfishOS Open Build Service.
Hence there is no need to wait for anything, which BTW never happens auto-magically; i.e., someone has to configure any new SailfishOS release for a specific repository at the SailfishOS-OBS.

Thus I keep on waiting for a proper bug report at GitHub.

I may be testing a SFOS version for which chum isn’t built just yet, so no need for a bug report.
Perhaps it would be nice if the chum installer failed if the repository is not available yet, or if it fails to find the GUI, but these are debatable issues, so I won’t open any bug.

You may, but then you sure do not read any documentation. Because the documentation explicitly and clearly states exactly that, at OpenRepos, GitHub and SailfishOS:Chum. Sigh, so many senseless messages for nothing!

Perhaps it would be nice if the chum installer failed if the repository is not available yet, or if it fails to find the GUI, …

It is all in the log file, which you are not willing to provide.

P.S.: At least you and @uwelabs have ultimately convinced me that it is futile trying to support users. Also documenting things properly, because most users do not read, they rather ask in some forum.

Just fixing your typo… :wink:

1 Like