[4.1.0.24] [Xperia 10 II] swipe gesture to unlock switched?

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): always
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 4.1.0.24
HARDWARE (XA2, X10, X10 II, …): X10 II
UI LANGUAGE: English
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): No

DESCRIPTION:

I have the impression that the ‘swipe-to-unlock’ gestures are switched on my device. When the phone is locked I can swipe from the right edge of the screen to get to the unlock screen and then (once successfully unlocked) get to my home screen (tiles of open apps). If I swipe from the left edge, I get to the notifications screen (after unlocking via the PIN entry).
However, if my phone is unlocked (I set it to ‘lock after 5 minutes’ and wake the screen before that period passes), it is the other way around:
Swiping from the right edge takes me to the notification screen, swiping from the left edge returns to the home screen. I suspect this is the wrong way around.

PRECONDITIONS:

Maybe set your phone to not lock instantly, but after a period of time?

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Set lock time
  2. Turn off the screen
  3. Turn on the screen before the phone locks
  4. Swipe from the right edge to get to the notification screen (instead of the home screen) and the other way around

EXPECTED RESULT:

Swiping from the right edge takes me to the home screen, from the left edge to the notification screen (the same as when the phone is locked)

ACTUAL RESULT:

Swiping from the right edge takes me to the notification screen, from the left edge to the home screen

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

I think this is a duplicate of https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/4-1-0-23-events-quick-access-swipe-is-from-the-wrong-side/6253

1 Like

Thanks, you are right. Closing this thread.