[4.0.1.48] SIM choice immediately disappears when calling from Phone app on XA2 Dual SIM

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 100
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 4.0.1.48
HARDWARE (XA2, Xperia 10…): XA2 Ultra Dual SIM
UI LANGUAGE: English
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): Yes (worked fine on 3.x )

DESCRIPTION:

When trying to call a contact from the Phone app, the little menu to pick the SIM card appears but disappears before I can make a choice. I can work around the problem by opening the contact card and clicking the phone number there.

PRECONDITIONS:

Works directly after restarting the phone.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Open phone app
  2. Tap a phone number
  3. Choice box appears / disappears

EXPECTED RESULT:

Choice box stays open until I select the SIM card to make the call.

ACTUAL RESULT:

The box vanishes and no call is made.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

The UI looks ok, I would need to make a video I guess? Restarting the phone did not help, restarting the home screen via Utilities app did not work either. The phone was recently upgraded from the latest stable 3.x version and the issue has been present since the upgrade to 4 ( I skipped the preview and only updated to stable). It does not matter which phone number I select. If you have any hints on what I could try, I’d be grateful!

Duplicate of

Workaround:

2 Likes

Oh sorry, I have looked through the bug reports but seem to have used the wrong search terms. Thank you very much!

No worries. Your title is even more descriptive :slight_smile:

And I am not sure if marking as solved is the right way to deal with duplicates? But we have no other tools.
Besides Jolla fixing it and have it marked as solved.
Or a moderator closes it?

Or any other opinion on how to deal with that?

According to the Kvarken release notes the fix is released:

Fix for the issue of the SIM selection menu disappearing when trying to call a contact/number from the History tab

I still need to test it but then we can close the issue for good, I’d say :slight_smile: