PDF with password - cannot view entered password

REPRODUCIBILITY: 100%
OS VERSION: 4.4
HARDWARE: XA 2 PLUS
UI LANGUAGE: english
REGRESSION: none

DESCRIPTION:

I have a PDF with password and i would like to open it with the documents app.
Entering the password works, however it is not possible to view the entered password
via clicking on the eye on the right side. However i would expect that you can switch between password in plain text and the hidden one (with the bullet points…

PRECONDITIONS:

You need a PDF with a password.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Open documents app
  2. Select PDF file with password.
  3. Enter some characters
  4. tap on the eye to view the entered password - > nothing happens

EXPECTED RESULT:

Tapping on the eye on the right side of the input field i expect the password to be displayed in readable format.

ACTUAL RESULT:

Nothing happens when i tap on the eye - the bullet points will not be replaced with the read password. There is no way to get rid of the buttet points.

MODIFICATIONS:

none

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

none

It has been found and corrected by @pvuorela, see Fix tap handling on pdf password field. Fixes JB#58742 by pvuorela · Pull Request #191 · sailfishos/sailfish-office · GitHub

It will be published with the next (large) update, I guess.

1 Like

Thanks for the report @AndyWuest, and for the very helpful info @dcaliste.

@AndyWuest: it would be good if you could please check on this again after the next major update since as — @dcaliste highlights — in should be fixed then.

Once you’ve checked and confirmed that it’s fixed, it would be great if you could please mark @dcaliste’s answer as the solution. In the meantime, I’ve tagged this as fixed.