BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 4.1.0.24 - 0.0.5.14
HARDWARE (XA2, X10, X10 II, …): Xperia 10 single SIM
UI LANGUAGE: German
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): No

DESCRIPTION:

Update to 4.2.0.19 failed

PRECONDITIONS:

SFOS 4.1.0.24 installed and working good,
Aliendalvik installed and running, 2 Android apps installed (EchoLink, Delta Chat)

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. downloaded available update to SFOS 4.2.0.19 - it started immideately with no option to stop and download later.
  2. deinstalled Storeman because of the warnings to do so to avoid incompatibilities
  3. Started the installation of the update
  4. Update failed with error message.

EXPECTED RESULT:

successful update to SFOS 4.2.0.19

ACTUAL RESULT:

Phone did immediately start to download 790 MB, and then in pulldown menu the install menu item occured. After the download, before the installation, I did deinstall Storeman, because I read of some incompatibilities with Storeman regarding SFOS updaates somewhere in the forum. Then I started the update and then phone was preparing for install, then a flickering screen and then a reboot. After entering access codes, SFOS 4.1.0.24 still present and running. New system was not installed.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)

Developer options on the phone are:
Developer mode: on
Remote connection: on
Enable developer updates: off

These settings are the same as on my other X10 phone (a Dual SIM), that updated yesterday without any problem.

Same description as above on a same phone but without the aliendalvik apps.

It won’t download the update anymore. Storeman won’t uninstall nor can install sfos-upgrade manually. before resetting the phone, not mine, is there some CLI magic to try and bring the phone back to a normal state. It works but obviously it won’t install anything anymore.

on second try it hangs on ‘waiting for connection’ for abt. 15 minutes. Then falls back to ‘update available’ and downloads nothing. No idea why. Will try few days later.

1 Like