So, I finally got my hands on a brand new Xperia 10 III, and spent a whole day transferring my data (app and user) from my Xperia 10 II.
After successful data restore, I used the 10 III for 1 day without any problem, and today I decided to finalize the device setup by installing a few apps from the Jolla Store.
Right after the app installation, and while everything seemed to be OK, I tried to organize my app grid. I copied a few apps into a new app folder (by long press and drag&drop), and when I copied the last (literally last!) app into the app folder, I got an instantaneous notification regarding a serious error (unfortunately, the notification showed for milliseconds, so I did not have the time to read more details), and the device froze. The time-line is:
- Error notification popped up
- Suddenly, app drawer and upper menu were drawable, but blank. Also the notification page did not show the weather part, and no notification.
- after 20-30 secs in the above state (2.), the phone froze. Screen ON, not responding to anything (touch or power button).
- I left the device like this for a few minutes, just in case it was trying to recover.
- After a few minutes, the device turned OFF the screen with the red notification light turned ON.
- Again, I left the device as-is for 20-30 minutes, but nothing changed.
- I then pressed the Vol+ and Power buttons to soft reset. It did reset, but then the device is stuck in the SONY logo
Does anybody know if I have a chance of recovering the phone without loosing anything?
Thanks in advance!