Wifis disappeared [3.4.0.22]

Same here (Xperia 10). But not only that, WiFi, Cellular and Bluetooth were also turned off.
Tablet suffered similarly (only WiFi is relevant), but my spare XA2 did not.

1 Like

Exaxtly the same here: Xperia 10 lost Wifi Passwords, but the XA2 and the tablet kept them

Hi,

I have also lost all saved wifi network on my XA2 (dual sim).
In addition, my hotspot settings where reset too.
However, I still have paired Bluetooth devices :relieved:

While reading other comments, it seems that all lost settings where related to connman.

It’s probably not a so big deal for advanced/power user (despite the time wasted to re-enter wifi passwords) but IMHO it should be fixed before public released.

Same for me on Xperia X

Same here on Xperia X. Also, all connections (WiFi, bluetooth) were disabled after the update.

Same here. However, it’s a minor thing from my point of view. At least I got a lot of old and unused WLAN and BT pairings deleted!

Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra, old saved WLAN entries gone (even after a 2nd reboot). The one bluetooth connection I had is still there. Both wifi and bluetooth were off after the reboot.
As @Mickael noted, these probably are not major issues for power users but should probably be fixed before public release.

Same Problem
But after Network reboot Settings - Utilities - Network reboot, all saved WiFis and VPN is back

2 Likes
journalctl -a|grep "user changed to"

try this

I had the same issue, ie lost connman wifis

root@Sailfish nemo]# systemctl status connman-nemo-migration
● connman-nemo-migration.service - ConnMan WiFi and VPN nemo user migration service
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/connman-nemo-migration.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Tue 2020-09-29 22:22:20 BST; 1 day 11h ago
 Main PID: 3013 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Warning: Journal has been rotated since unit was started. Log output is incomplete or unavailable.

Restarting connman-nemo-migration has fixed the problem:

[root@Sailfish nemo]# systemctl stop connman-nemo-migration
[root@Sailfish nemo]# systemctl start connman-nemo-migration
[root@Sailfish nemo]# systemctl status connman-nemo-migration
● connman-nemo-migration.service - ConnMan WiFi and VPN nemo user migration service
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/connman-nemo-migration.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: inactive (dead) since Thu 2020-10-01 09:51:38 BST; 10s ago
  Process: 9335 ExecStart=/usr/bin/connman-nemo-migration (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
 Main PID: 9335 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Oct 01 09:51:30 Sailfish systemd[1]: Starting ConnMan WiFi and VPN nemo user migration service...
Oct 01 09:51:30 Sailfish connman-nemo-migration[9335]: migrating WiFi and VPN services from /home/.system/var/lib to /home/nemo...ileged
Oct 01 09:51:30 Sailfish connman-nemo-migration[9335]: removing settings file /home/.system/var/lib/connman/settings from root
Oct 01 09:51:38 Sailfish connman-nemo-migration[9335]: removing WiFi services from root
Oct 01 09:51:38 Sailfish connman-nemo-migration[9335]: migration done
Oct 01 09:51:38 Sailfish systemd[1]: Started ConnMan WiFi and VPN nemo user migration service.
Hint: Some lines were ellipsized, use -l to show in full.

Not sure what caused the issue, as my logs were rolled, I guess initial creation of /home/.system/var/lib/connman was delayed?

1 Like

The suggested command is the same as the quoted command.

There is a snafu with sqlite bindings which is also messing up other apps, for me connections returned after installing python3-sqlite (which should not affect this but seemingly does)

Same here – Jolla C, BT and wifi were turned off, nothing preserverd.

1 Like

@sponka @pmelas, @a.savchenko, @ExTechOp @jenix @Firefox84 @JoOppen @attah @orangecat @william @ziellos @qmaster @pawel.spoon etc.

Those who had this problem of WLAN networks disappearing, was your device (“home”) encrypted before the update, i.e. on 3.3.0.16?

My wifi was gone. My device (XA2 Dual Sim) was not encrypted.

@teertinker: which device is this?

Yes it was, 3.3.0.16 on Xperia 10 plus. After the update to 3.4.0.22 both wifi and vpn settings disappeared.

My Xperia 10 was, but the tablet suffered too and wasn’t (obviously :).
My XA2 that didn’t get the issue was not encrypted.

Gone, and /home was encrypted. I did a fresh install on Rokua. I’m using a Xperia X.

Mine was not.
I’ve tried to update another one time, and wifi now stayed working, but android support refused to start because of missing files mentioned in aliendalvik.service.