Viber update fails

Hopefully, it will be fixed in 4.4

1 Like

Viber breaking is a bug but the activation failure is a problem with Google Play Services (which has only been officially available in the Aqua Fish).

Check your settings. This also works on 10 II - there is no need to patch your /opt/alien/system.img:

https://together.jolla.com/question/209300/how-to-microg-in-sfos-31/

1 Like

Honestly, unless something changed on Viber’s end, I’m not sure of that. I’ve used Viber without Google services before on both Sailfish and AOSP and it was working without any issues. It works perfectly on SFOS 4.2 still (and you can activate it easily as well).

2 Likes

I was able to activate Viber with 4.3. I have a dual SIM phone and I moved the SIM card with the number I use for Viber in the the SIM2 slot of the phone. I also selected SIM2 as the active SIM for calls from the dropdown menu on the notification screen. I tried the activation and it went through normally, I received a call from Viber and it activated to my surprise. Coincidentally there was a Viber update too out today but there have been many before that one and activation consistently failed - I personally believe it is the use of the SIM2 slot as a primary slot that allowed the activation since it’s not hit by whatever bug was introduced on 4.3.
PS I didn’t install Google Play services or anything else.

2 Likes

Hi,

I had the same issue with Viber stopped working after latest upgrade on Xperia 10 plus dual sim. I upgraded to latest Viber 16.7 from Aurora store and made active for calls the sim where viber will be used. All is fine now i just lost old data from before.

1 Like