Unable to use mobile data on Sony Xperia 10 III 4.4.0.64

@lumen: Tried with a different SIM ( MVNO operating on a different network) . The SIM works on Android ( Xperia X) , 4G/LTE+ connectivity ( subscription doesn’t include 5G).
On X10III + SFOS => stuck in 3G, no data, ofono log Unexpected data call status 4100
I will try the reset steps you describe and report back.
In my case roaming ( abroad) worked with a specific operator ( either auto selected or manually forced ).
I wonder if there’s a condition related to MVNOs or some special roaming cases (warning:conjecture ):
ex:

• FreeMobile FR has no 2G/3G network, but only 4G/5G => there’s a special roaming agreement to use the 3G network owned by Orange ( ex: for non-VoLTE voice calls).
    Result: no data, Unexpected data call status 4100
  • Auchan Telecom is a MVNO operating over Bouygues (2,3,4,5G) network. Auchan doesn’t offer 5G access.
    Result: suck in 3G, no data, Unexpected data call status 4100
2 Likes

Thanks !!! That solved my problem !!!

Hello ppl!

I recently changed my contract from Cosmote to Vodafone (Greece), and IMMEDIATELY started having this no-mobile-data issue. In fact, I never got it to work, whatever method I used. Always getting “Limited connection”. In general, I had absolutely no problem with the previous company (Cosmote).
I tried (1) changing to SIM tray 2, (2) killing ofono and erasing all settings, (3) going back and forth to flight mode, (4) changing to IP4, IP6 and both, (5) different combinations with WiFi and BT ON/OFF, (6) inserting a Cosmote SIM, where data still work just fine, and then replacing it with Vodafone, (7) inserting both companies SIM cards simultaneously (8) reflashing with base Android rom version .109, (9) flashing different OEMs (v7, v8, v9), (10) turned roaming ON and OFF. Nothing works… :confused:

I tried all methods I could find in the forum, but had no luck with getting mobile data to work. I noticed that most ppl having this issue use Vodafone.

I wonder, is there anyone with a Vodafone connection who managed to solve this problem (or never had this problem at all)?

3 Likes

This is definitely a carrier-related issue. I am on Vodafone IT and I haven’t yet found a solution.

Vodafone Germany. Standard settings in Germany. IPv4 for roaming. Works on 10 III, 4.4.0.72.
4G, No VoLTE

Hi ! Have you tried disabling pin code of sim card as decribed in rhis thread : Xperia 10 III Mobile data stops working - #9 by rtr2001 ?

Roaming worked in Poland. Now in Austria I am completely down and out.

Telefone works.
No mobile data either with 2, 3 or 4G.
Neither with IPv4, IPv6, Dual, nor with SIM in slot one or two.

I am not amused. Seriously. :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

Try the trick #3 from link in OP

2 Likes

Thank you very much. Resetting the AP did not work.

1 Like

Meant the trick #4 from OP which is #3 when you follow the link - resetting ofono settings

2 Likes

This prevented the phone.from registering in the network first. A reset of the AP helped here. But again I am stuck with telephone only.
I really appreciate your help. Thank you.

2 Likes

By the way:.Back in Germany everything works just fine.
@throwaway69 : Thanks again. If you happen to be in Berlin: I owe you drink.

1 Like

Ok, I got it working!
I should have read @savaju post :frowning:

I was able to connect to mobile data using the following solution:

By simply disabling the SIM Card PIN, I’m able to have a (stable, hope so) mobile data connection.
It’s not 5G, but something like LTE speed (120Mbps/15Mbps).

My provider is Salt in Switzerland (salt.ch). I think it belongs to the same owner as Free.fr

2 Likes

In your home network or roaming? I had a very short stay in Switzerland recently but did not check for mobile data because it is rather expensive.

This does not work for me on Vodafone IT though.

1 Like

Home network.
I had no problems in Spain with a Xperia10II, but unfortunately, I don’t remember the provider:(
Had problems in Greece with Xperia10III and Wind, I think.

1 Like

I suggest aggregating the experiences and solutions and propose the following format:
“Land”, “Home/Roaming”

• “Provider”, “OS Version”, “Model”: Solution → Speed
    Please put “?” in front if unsure, and “?” if unknown.

Spain, Roaming:

• ?Movistar, ?v4.0.1, Xperia 10: no problems → ?/?

Switzerland, Home:

• Salt, v4.4,0.72, Xperia 10 III: Remove SIM Card PIN → LTE 150/45
  • Salt, v4.4,0.72, Xperia 10 II: no problems → LTE 150/45

Germany, Home:

• Vodafone: v.4.4.072, Xperia 10 III, No Problems, LTE

Austria, Roaming:

• Vodafone: v.4.4.072, Xperia 10 III, No Data, LTE

Poland, Roaming

• Vodafone: v.4.4.072, Xperia 10 III, No Problems after setting Access to IPv4, LTE

[Let’s limit the list to Xperia 10-Modells my XA2 did perfectly well in a number of European Countries]

Germany, Home:

• Telekom: v4.4.0.72, Xperia 10 III:
    • no IPv4 and no mobile hotspot
    • 2G only in many areas where my Xperia 10 II had full LTE
    • with active SIM PIN mobile data connection seems unreliable, had to deactivate PIN
1 Like

Italy, Roaming:

• Vodafone IT, 4.4.0.72, Xperia 10 II: No problem → but slow, around 20-30
  • Vodafone IT, 4.4.0.72, Xperia 10 III: No SIM Card PIN → ok, but slow, around 20-30
1 Like