Some issues with PureMaps on Xperia 10II

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 100%
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): SFOS4.1.0.24
HARDWARE (XA2, Xperia 10…): Xperia 10II
UI LANGUAGE:German
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): 1st relaese for Xperia 10II

DESCRIPTION:
PureMaps from OpenRepos seems not to find OSM Scout Server when phone is offline. The version from JollaStore is working well.

PRECONDITIONS:
OSMScoutServer installed, maps downloaded and stored at sdcard. Downloaded PureMaps from OpenRepos, running it and checked profile offline. Closed app and terminated data connection and wifi. PureMaps started.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

EXPECTED RESULT:
Displaying OSMScoutServers Maps.

ACTUAL RESULT:
Doesn’t show maps in detail, only world basic map.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Going to Menue to check if profile is offline results in app crashing when trying to go back to map. Sometimes I got an error message that there is no OSMScoutServer installed (see screenshot).
The version from JollaStore is working well.
I tried both versions back and forth several times. I always deleted the home/defaultuser/.config/harbour-pure-maps folder when uninstalling.
Edit: Even if I start first OSMScoutserver by hand and then run Pure Maps from OpenRepos I discover the same behavior.

1 Like

Better file pure maps bugs on its github page.

3 Likes

Thanks, done. It is horrible to reply with stock browser and for creating a github account I have to install firefox because SF browser doesn’t display captcha. But I cannot live without SFOS.

Solved by updating mapboxgl-qml in OpenRepos.
Thanks rinigus.