Sms randomly not received, os 4.5, Xperia 10 II

REPRODUCIBILITY: ?
OS VERSION: Probably since 4.3, at least from 4.5
HARDWARE: Xperia 10 II
UI LANGUAGE: Finnish
REGRESSION: for sure

DESCRIPTION:

Couple of times my phone has not received sms. Might be more often (impossible to know but few friends have asked why I did not answer to their messages while the messages were not received).

PRECONDITIONS:

Happens randomly. I don’t know if it has more to do with the operator service.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

Sms send to a SFOS but randomly not received.
Both the sender operator and mine is DNA (Finland).

EXPECTED RESULT:

Sms received

ACTUAL RESULT:

Sms randomly not received.

MODIFICATIONS:

Chum, Storeman, Patchmanager 3.2.9.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

4 Likes

I haven’t realized not receiving a sms, but for me not sending a sms when Volte is activated happens the whole time, until deactivating it…

Volte blocking message sending happens to me from time to time, too, but not too often.
I just remembered another weird thing with the text messages: sometimes a piece of an old message gets inserted into a newly received one. That is a real random mess then.

This report might be a bit old but I’d like to add that I have the same problem with the XA2 dual-sim. Mine being used with one SIM (congstar (D1), germany) and a memory card.

About 20% of SMS sent to me are randomly not being received (or at least something like silently ignored upon silent reception). I keep tracking the issue with a few contacts of mine.

I run 4.5.0.25. I believe this started with the update to 4.5.0.19 but I have no evidence that the issue was not also present in earlier versions.

Can confirm for XIII. My carrier is o2 Germany. It seems to depend on the carrier of the sender. I have two contacts I call in realy urgent cases or I write a mail to be sure the massage arrives.