SFOS Browser - does not retain website login credentials or retain usage prefs

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): Every time
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 4.1
HARDWARE (XA2, X10, X10 II, …): XA2 Plus
UI LANGUAGE: EN (GB)
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): Not sure, as I’m only using the SFOS Browser because 4.1 also seems to have borked Firefox from Aptoide.
DESCRIPTION:

Tab indicator icon in bottom left looks a little batman’y - is this indicating the browser is running in some ‘private-browsing’ mode? Seem no way to change this if it does explain the problem…

Either way…

Behaviour #1 - passwords:
Open Browser > Navigate to Reddit/Twitter > Login (inc ticking website “remember my credentials” function > Close browser > Navigate to Reddit/Twitter > Not logged in.
Very irritating, as I have long and complicated passwords.

Behaviour #1 - usage prefs:
Not sure how much people would consider this a ‘problem’, but i don’t login to sites like youtube, relying on past usage to let youtube suggest relavent content. Using SFOS browser youtube is like tabula rasa every time i load the browser, so it’s obviously doing a great job of scrubbing usage history.

PRECONDITIONS:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

EXPECTED RESULT:

ACTUAL RESULT:

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)

You switched to private mode in your browser. Tap on tab indicator (the batman mode) and use the pulley-menu to switch back to normal mode.

Smashing, thank you.

The Pulley Menu!

An innovation i’m very happy with, but not when it is only exposed via a secondary action (so you’re not aware that it even exists unless you stumbled across it by accident).

1 Like

There is a colourful horizontal line at the very top of the display when there is a pulley menu available. The colour comes from the ambience in use. One of the basic cool things of Sailfish OS (I hope we can keep them in the pressure of all kinds of wishes).

1 Like