SFOS 4.5 feedback thread

Compass on XIII seems to finally work reliably (how come android apps get access to that but not gps?)

Maybe you are lucky and it is just me who screwed it up somehow. I sincerely wish you luck …
My impression is that HW for the X10iii got less love than HW support for the X10ii, see cameras, stereo sound and hotspot

Thanks. Version 0.23-12 install seems to go fine from OpenRepos

Thanks. The changes you suggest on OpenRepos worked and BitSailor is functioning again. :grinning:

1 Like

<I’ll be rolling back to 4.4.0.72 for now until 4.5 hits full release>

Can you do that without factory reset?

1 Like

1 Like

All my android data dirs and files now have the owner 501023 and group appsupport-media_rw. I guess this is wrong. Can someone tell me what are the correct values?

1 Like

First impressions:

• Update went smoothly, no issues there. Thank you Jolla for that.

• There are some issues now with Signal messaging. The messages are not reliably being sent/received. Like there would be a connection issue of some sort. For example when trying to send a message with an attached picture, the wheel just keeps spinning forever and the message is not being sent.

Same thing with a message without attachment. Person I sent a message replied to me in person before signal gave any indication the message had been received. Also I received a reply to a previous message of mine only after trying to send a new one and I know the reply had been sent couple of hours ago. It looks like signal was not aware of any incoming messages prior me sending the new one.

• Had some issues with online banking app Op mobiili and google play services. Worked well previously. I use Open Gapps and had to update them (thanks to @nemishkor in this thread.

• Minor cosmetic issue is when rebooting the phone and the phone asks for the security codes. The size of the small balls that appear when typing are much smaller than previously.

I did it on community port last year, 4.4.0.68 → 4.4.0.64 and without any problems :slight_smile:

I forgot to mention one bug that I found recently in 4.4.0.72 and I was too lazy to report it. :smile:

When using the foreca weather application and I tried to change the location to another town with it, with version 4.4.0.72 it would immediately fail when entering any 1st letter to the field but now it seems to be fixed also with 4.5.0.16.

1 Like

Here WeGo app that was installed through Jolla app store is not starting, while the version installed through other Android stores works just fine. Also, I’m unable to remove the Jolla version of the app, getting unknown android error.

Yea, well the changelog from 64 to 68 was small and mostly affected the 10 II.

1 Like

Those Android processes are part of the hardware adaptation. On most devices Sailfish OS uses Android HAL processes for hardware support for things like audio, graphics, location etc. Those processes are used via libhybris or binder depending on the device and type of hardware support needed. Those are not related to AppSupport.

8 Likes

make those two a feature request I think this is great and important!
Also Folder/Albums support in gallery is something that has been requested for quite a long time from what I remember.

4 Likes

Have you tested ImgOrganizer from ooenrepos?

2 Likes

I have noticed that after upgrading, my X10III is not connecting and not even able to find the 2.4Ghz SSID operated by my router. The network is there, as I am connected with my laptop to it right now.

The phone can, however, still use the SSID operating on the 5Ghz band.

Yes, I’ve tried it, but I prefer the standard Gallery app, because of the following reasons:

• it’s much snappier in it’s reaction
  • the categories have a photo image, not just text and a number
  • the cover has a nice selection of photos showing when ‘minimized’ on the homescreen
  • it has the timeline build in (touch and drag) and is a lot faster when scrolling in time while still seeing the photos
  • categorie for Nextcloud photos (using the system account setup) is natively included

It’s just missing the album/folder creation support which hopefully Jolla will build in the Gallery app.

A seperate app for photo editing I would understand, just not for a standard gallery app.

Regarding backups, the backup settings are already in the system settings app. An end user should not have to worry about a different app for their photo backup to the cloud. It currently backs up photos to the memory card, just not to the cloud.

1 Like

XPeria 10 II here , bt works as expected (German locale)

There are plenty of photo editing apps in Storeman/OpenRepos. And I agree, editing functions in the standard Gallery app isn’t necessary. For me, it’s only a quick-‘n’-easy viewer, and for this, it works fine.

1 Like

On my XA2 the bluetooth does not turn on after a reboot. As workaround, it seems to work (at least with Amazfish) after a restart of bluetooth subsystem using the setttings/utilities.

3 Likes