SFOS 3.4.0.24 becomes unresponsive when receiving Email

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): frequently when the first email after start arrives outside of WiFi
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 3.4.0.24
HARDWARE (Jolla1, Tablet, XA2,…): XA2 Ultra
UI LANGUAGE: German
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): Yes

DESCRIPTION:

The phone is running but not responsive, Screen can’t be activated neither by power button nor fingerprint reader. LED is blinking green, when called ring tones are played but call can’t be accepted due to missing screen response (also doesn’t wake up from call)

PRECONDITIONS:

Receive Email out of WiFi

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. turn on phone
  2. leave WiFi
  3. receive Email

EXPECTED RESULT:

Phone can be unlocked by pressing power button/fingerprint reade/ receiving call

ACTUAL RESULT:

Screen stays black, no response

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)

@davidrasch
Do you mean that this problem happens when the phone is connected to the Internet via mobile data and an email message is received? Is the phone connected to 4G or 3G or 2G network?

What if you send an email message when connected via mobile data (and before there are any incoming messages) Would this work?

What kind of an email account is this? IMAP, exchange, other?

yes, the phone is connected to internet, otherwise it would not receive any emails. I use 4G net and my mail accounts are IMAP. I can send emails on mobile data, but when I do that the current state of the screen is obviously activated, so the situation is not really comparable.

What exactly makes you think that it is the reception of an email message that makes the display irresponsive?
Do you need to open that message to cause the hangup, or is a notification at the Events view enough (so no actions from you)? - I am trying to find the moment when the problem hits.

Do incoming calls work normally before receiving any emails?
Do incoming text messages work?

The reason for my perception is that everytime my display becomes unresponive the green LED is blinking

Isn’t green call?

yellow mail
green call
blue message

Or am I completely wrong?

The OP means fast blinking green, I think. That is an “help me!”…

AFAIK It’s home screen restarting. My Jolla does that occasionaly when I wake up my screen. Had that few moments ago when this topic was open and scree went off. :upside_down_face:

It might be that the blinking frequency differs from the Email blinking. I have difficulties reconstructing this from my memory. I also did not know that the same colour has also this meaning.

Does this mean that the system recovers if I wait for some time? How long does it take in your case?

In my case it recovers in couple of seconds. LED blinks roughly five times and then screen shows view I was going to, for example browser page that was open before screen turned off.

/etc/mce/20debug-led.ini was only file I found on my device defining green led pattern. There are other ini files to take look at. Maybe there is something model specific.

My case seems to be different. I observed that the green LED first glows steadily for about one minute, and then it changes to slowly blinking as for email notification.
I have the impression it might not be linked to WiFi however, because it also occurs when I leave my home without having WiFi activated. SO it must be something different.
Could be that the reason is forced switching to 2G when I enter the garage.
Is it possible that this causes freezes?