Secure Updating to 3.4

Hi

I have a Jolla 1 and want to update to 3.4 but my experience updating Xperia X is not good, what i need to do?

Uninstal Storeman and aliendalvik and after update install both again?.. How to uninstall aliendalvik?

Thx.

I had 0 troubles with my JollaPhone (had massive issues with Xperia 10). I didn’t any of the known offending applications/patches installed on the JollaPhone, but I had both Storeman and AlienDalvik on it. You can always install app called sfos-upgrade from Storeman if you don’t trust the GUI method.

1 Like

Hi there, I have never had any issues with updating the J1 via GUI. I don’t use patches and always carefully read the release notes. For what it’s worth, here is my “checklist” for updating:

• Make a Backup to SD-card

• Delete unnecessary files, etc. to maximize space (I have at least 5GB open)

• Enable Developer Mode, Remote access and enter a password

• In terminal, as devel-su: btrfs-balancer balance

• For openrepos/Storeman: In terminal, as nemo: for i in $(ssu lr 2>&1 | grep openre | cut -d" " -f3); do ssu dr $i ; done
    (This will disable all openrepos repositories. Don’t worry about the warning messages.)

• Uninstall all problem-causing apps as per release notes (I uninstalled Storeman before 3.4 update, just in case)

• Switch the phone off and back on. Stop Android support.

• Under Settings, SailfishOS Updates: Select “Check for Updates” from the pulley menu again. When ready, select “Download” from the pulley menu. When ready select “Update” from the pulley menu.

• Once update is complete and phone is finished booting, open terminal and as nemo run for i in $(ssu lr 2>&1 | grep openre | cut -d" " -f3); do ssu er $i ; done to enable openrepos repositories again.

• In terminal, as devel-su: pkcon refresh

• In terminal, as devel-su: zypper refresh

• In terminal, as devel-su: btrfs-balancer balance

4 Likes

Thank you for the help… ill try it in this way.