[SDK] Cannot deploy: Missing Sailfish OS device information in the kit

I try to set up the SDK (for version 4.0.1.48) and compile a source from Github, but when I try to build it I get the error message
Cannot deploy: Missing Sailfish OS device information in the kit
Fehler beim Erstellen/Deployment des Projekts starfish (Kit: SailfishOS-4.0.1.48-armv7hl (in Sailfish OS Build Engine))
Bei der Ausführung von Schritt “RPM”

When I try to click the field “device” in the Kit configuration section, nothing happens. Can somebody tell me how to configure the SDK to get rpms?

To me that sounds like you are trying to deploy on a device, which you have not configured.

You need to select “Build RPM Package For Manual Deployment” as your deployment method.

Here:

screenshot

Thank you, that was indeed the mistake

I followed the instructions here and now have a new error:

+ qmake -qt=5 -makefile 'QMAKE_CFLAGS_RELEASE=-O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat -Wformat-security -fmessage-length=0 -march=armv7-a -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=neon -mthumb -Wno-psabi' 'QMAKE_CFLAGS_DEBUG=-O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat -Wformat-security -fmessage-length=0 -march=armv7-a -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=neon -mthumb -Wno-psabi' 'QMAKE_CXXFLAGS_RELEASE=-O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat -Wformat-security -fmessage-length=0 -march=armv7-a -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=neon -mthumb -Wno-psabi' 'QMAKE_CXXFLAGS_DEBUG=-O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat -Wformat-security -fmessage-length=0 -march=armv7-a -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=neon -mthumb -Wno-psabi' QMAKE_STRIP=: PREFIX=/usr LIBDIR=/usr/lib
Usage: /usr/lib/qt5/bin/qmake [mode] [options] [files]

QMake has two modes [snip]

This is my first time compiling anything for any phone OS (and anything in Python). I’m trying to compile the Python tutorial application.