Sailfish OS devices no longer available on jolla-devices.com

Hey everyone, so when visiting the jolla store today I see that all of the sailfish devices have been removed. Is this in relation to the unfolding incident between Russia and the Ukraine?

Just now I checked and there is still SFOS for 5 phones models available.
https://shop.jolla.com/

The OS is available to download, but all of the preinstalled devices seem to have been removed.
They were all there yesterday.

1 Like

Just noticed the comment at the bottom of the page.

1 Like

I did sleep away that preinstalled SFOS devices ever were available via the Jolla homepage…
Thanks for info!

I don’t think jolla-devices.com has anything to do with Jolla (the company)?

7 Likes

jolla-devices.com is private company which is independent from Jolla.com.

8 Likes

Well, that is your answer then. And yes, jolla-devices is an independent site and is not associated with Jolla (it’s been around for a while and I think it is really cool).

Sorry, maybe it’s a stupid question, but I don’t get what is the link between jolla-devices.com private company and the situation in Ukraine (if there is one), and what’s the ‘protest’ aiming to get.

3 Likes

Not a stupid question, but I guess you did not read the post:

And ummm, there certainly is one:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=ukraine&iar=news

1 Like

Umm… the end of my question was asking about the aim of the protest, so I did read about the banner at the bottom of the page, and ‘the one’ was referred to the link between the company and the news.

In other words, what is jolla-devices.com trying to achieve by suspending the sales of SFOS products? Who should feel ‘hurt’ or ‘damaged’ by their protest?

1 Like

Thats a good question, the best I could come up with, and I think this is a stretch at best… SFOS is used by Russia :man_shrugging:

1 Like

There it is : Sailfish OS supported devices list

Cheers.

As far as I know the latest message by Jolla about the connection with Russian partners/investors was that Jolla has cut connection with Rostelekom but that there still is a Russian member in the Board of Jolla. Please correct me if you know more.
These kind of trading with Russian companies and organisations is sanctioned because of the war against Ukraïne. Quite difficult to solve for Jolla.

1 Like

Are you mad? Thinking, when you could just protest and support the current thing!

Rostelecom uses its own version of Sailfish and Russian persons (state?) own Jolla partly. Jolla wants to get rid of it but that’s not easy.

Jolla devices posted a scheme of all the connections, but I don’t know how it is now if anything has changed. Everyone trading with Russia has to sctratch his head because sanctions are needed to help stopping the war.