[Release notes] Vanha Rauma 4.4.0.64

Also importing sms from another phone via these commands still breaks sim # in all messages. Jolla how many years have to pass before you do anything about it?

commhistory-tool export -groups messages.exp
commhistory-tool import -groups messages.exp

Oh, and also still you have to put encryption PIN twice when turning the phone on!
I’m not even talking that some people might have SIM pins set up also, so they have to put 4 (FOUR) PINs when turning the phone on!

2 Likes

I just discovered something unusual.

Turn on Mobile Data and activate Internet Sharing. All works as expected.
Turn off Mobile Data. Internet sharing gets greyed out.
Trying to connect to the WLAN results in a warning to turn off Internet sharing. However it’s not possible to turn off Internet Sharing without first activating Mobile Data.

It seems that this is rather cumbersome and perhaps Internet Sharing (disabled due to no mobile data) shouldn’t impede connection to WLAN?

No idea if this is expected or “normal”, first time I’ve observed the issue

Edit: Fixed typo

Edit Add:

I should note, that despite Internet sharing being greyed out and Mobile Data being turned off, sharing is in fact active and other devices can successfully connect to the share. Obviously, it doesn’t work, but the connection works just fine.

When you say WAN, what do you mean? I would have assumed Mobile Data, but since you mentioned that by another term… do you mean WiFi?

Sounds like it i built around blocking activation of internet sharing with no mobile data; which is reasonable, since you’d have nothing to share. But surely turning off mobile data should just take the hotspot with it, or at least not block turning it off.

Internet sharing will most definitely block using WiFi as a client, since the WiFi chip can’t work in both modes at the same time.

So sounds like you found a bug…? (And it could deserve a bug report)

Typo, fixed (and a few more characters)

I have a question: I think about giving Sailfish OS a try on my Xperia 10III. However I’ve read on the Jolla shop page that it might not be possible to revert the phone back to Android with everything working as it did before flashing Sailfish. Can anyone explain what that means? Will some functionality of the phone be lost then? If it’s not possible to fully revert the phone to Android, that would probably be a deal breaker for me…

Guys, consider not making this a general chit-chat thread. (I.e. try to keep it related to this release)

4 Likes

After updating Xperia 10 to .46 battery drainage is no more but what’s more interesting is that it seems the touch issues were much improved. Compare to what was in previous version.
Still the touch support is not so nice as it should be but it’s way better than it was.
Did Jolla really fix something regarding this or it’s just a side effect of something else?

I’ve got an iphone 12 max for that ‘dumbphone’ roll. BankId, healthcare app’s etc. Also has a brilliant camera. Lovely tool, but feels like a premium camera that can run apps.

but this is the smartphone, sim, syncthing, signal, terminal, all that jazz. iOS feels like a Fischer-Price OS in comparison.

1 Like

I’ve seen it too. Already couple of sailfish versions ago. Restarting tracker service doesn’t help with this issue. I dropped a comment about it to Media player’s Store page, but no fix so far. I moved to use Unplayer which seems to index album contents correctly.

Dead Beef Silica is also a wonderful player!

4 Likes

Whats the status for remaining big issues for X10 iii? Namely Camera2 api? Anyone working on that? do we have some ETA when we will have SFOS release for X10 iii which is not in somewhat alpha/beta state?

If no one is working on Camera2 API I might have a stab at it

2 Likes

The 10 has mentioned the following “not working” items:

Features not implemented: FM radio, double-tap wakeup, support for dual camera, RTC Alarms

the 10 II doesn’t, can I safely assume that these things are working on 10 II fully?

The 10 II doesn’t have an FM radio. Double-tap wakeup doesn’t work on my phone. The three front cameras work, but only separately (no HDR). No direct experience with RTC alarms but I read they don’t work.

I wonder if it’s only for you or anybody.

Double tap wake up doesn’t work on Xperia 10 and Volla phone. Should it? I checked in ‘Settings’ and found nothing related to wake up on double tap.

I’ve never found double tap to wake ever worked on the XA2 or the X10 III now.

I tried double-tap to wake on my Xperia 10 II with android, and couldn’t get it to work. And I looked really hard at the settings to find out how to enable it and found nothing. My conclusion was it either didn’t exist or was so well hidden as to be unavailable to non-wizard level users.

Additionally, I never found anything under Android to allow stereo sound, but to my very pleasant surprise, audio playback sounded great “out of the box” under SFOS! First youtube video I played was rendered in fabulous technicolor and stereophonic sound – if I may plagiarize 1950s Cole Porter.

double-tap doesn’t exist on Xperia 10 models

1 Like

well tbh I don’t care much about double tap, even simple swipe to wake would be enough. But RTC Alarms should already work imo.

Isn’t it better to power off the touchscreen when phone is idle, for saving battery ? Doesn’t the touchscreen have to be powered on for wake up on swipe?