[release notes] Pallas-Yllästunturi 3.4.0

On my Jolla1 the update size was 630MB !!

Thank you for the update. No problem on XA2 plus.

no problem on xa2 dual

1 Like

Update failed…
Now stuck at a black screen. flickers white for a split second repeatedly. then stays black

Try the solutions from this thread The screen goes black and that's it
Probably an app from openrepos. In my case it was aliendalvik-control

1 Like

please, please don’t follow the way of 3.4.0.22 UI inconsistences in email client, add the email client in the tutorial and leave the pulley menu as it is…

11 Likes

I tested with Mattermost and Slack clients. Both are able to now pick files and take photos without any issues. Finally! :muscle: This was a massive usability pain for the past X months.

1 Like

Still, really looking forward to ESR68+, with native Web Components support!

3 Likes

Luckily i have SSH enabled

Had to log in and uninstall patchmanager
then pkcon update
then version --dup

Thank you for this sizeable update. I am happy that Jolla is still committed.
Updated fine on my Aqua Fish without any issues, as always!

For me it’s not possible to delete everything. Will it be possible to split the JollaUpdate?

Hi, I’m a bit of a SailfishOS Newb here and wanted to know if it’s possible to download the full install files for this early access version and install it on a fresh device? E.g. not upgrade but do a full, fresh install.

I’ve signed up for early access but when I click the download link on https://shop.jolla.com/downloads/ it downloads the previous version, 3.3.0.16.

I already have that version and can install it to my Xperia 10 Plus, but I’d rather do a full fresh install.

Any recommendations?

I updated to 3.4.0.22 on xa2-dualsim. No android apps work anymore. Any ideas what to do?

The shop versions will be updated once the update is released for everyone.

4 Likes

Thanks PeperJohnny, so I guess the steps are install 3.3.0.16 and then update to 3.4.0.

This update has gone horribly for me (XA2). In short:

• Phone hangs when trying to reboot or shutdown
  • SSH is not working and cannot be enabled via Developer tools
  • running systemctl on the terminal returns Failed to get properties: Connection timed out
  • Sailfish browser does not open any page, waits indefinitely

I don’t know what to report first!

Have you tried to do
ssu re 3.4.0.22
version --dup
in the terminal yet?

2 Likes

Awesome piece of an update! Smooth upgrade on Sony XA2 Plus and Jolla Tablet. No patches installed.

Hope we have to wait less long for the next versions. Just ask for a recurring yearly fee and hire developers to speed up!

2 Likes

Yes, we need a Gecko 68+ browser engine. The current version 52 is still too far behind. Won’t even start on the safety issues with these old version engines.

2 Likes

Great update, the weather app in particular is much nicer. browser also very improved . kudos!

2 Likes