[release notes] Koli 4.0.1

Upgrade from 4.0.1.45 to 4.0.1.48 a few minutes ago without any problems (Xperia Xa2 / single).
Everything seems to be working fine!
Thank you very much for all the fantastic work!

1 Like

Upgrading from 4.0.1.45 to 4.0.1.48. My X says to uninstall libcontentaction-qt5 and nemo-qml-plugin-contentaction.
Doesn’t look right to me??

@eson You may have had mister magisters repository enabled and updated to his version… he has removed the rpms today.
https://openrepos.net/content/mistermagister/libcontentaction-qt5-url-distinction

1 Like

you are right, there was an notification within storeman to update this packages.
Question is now, how to remove the packages without breaking the system to start the update to 4.0.1.48.
Or is it safe to ignore the message from the updater “Uninstall the follwing before proceeding with the sailfish OS update”

Upgrading from 4.0.1.45 to 4.0.1.48 seems to have worked quite well.

(tagging @Mister_Magister for this)

Thanks for the new EA, update went smooth and no issues for my Gemini.

I don’t have libcontentaction-qt5-url-distinction installed so I don’t hink that’s it. I do have mister magisters repository enabled though. Forgot to remove it since I tested his Yottagram.

Hmm first of all it shouldn’t break anything as package wasn’t updated by jolla.
Second of all you shouldn’t remove those packages.
Third, update might be able to downgrade/upgrade it to jolla ones
Fourth, downgrade/upgrade it to jolla ones via zypper

How dare you! :smiley:

1 Like

@eson You didn’t need to, that was the problem – it could’ve been automatically updated with some other package using storeman.

I agree with @Mister_Magister, do not try to remove the package. If you want to play safe, “downgrade” to the official version.

OK, thanks… both of you.

I downgraded to libcontentaction-qt5-0.3.16-1.2.12.jolla.armv7hl and nemo-qml-plugin-contentaction-0.3.16-1.2.12.jolla.armv7hl. For obexd-contentfilter-off-1.1.7-stable.noarch I don’t see any alternative package. So cannot downgrade that. Also I get the warning that it would break my system to remove obexd-contentfilter-off.

Still I get the warning I should remove these three packages.

OS upgrade went fine after downgrade those packages. Thanks again!

Not sure man :confused: i don’t use official ports

could you give me a hint, which command do the trick?
with Pkcon or zypper?

See an example for another package here: How to reinstall "original" package version?

2 Likes

Can’t update from 4.0.1.45 to 4.0.1.48 since although suggesting initially that the update is just 30Mb I’m now told that the download (downloaded) needs 500Mb but has only 349Mb currently available!
Not only this but having “successfully” installed 4.0.1.45 I’m being told that I need to uninstall pages of items before I update!!! Surely the change of such a minor version can’t affect so many entries!!!

How do I delete the downloaded update please and can Jolla issue an update that actually works for XA2 users please.

Thanks

@ninepine: I had a similar issue initially with my XA2 when trying to update to 4.0.1.45

The memory is apparently needed for the installation - not for the download of the update. In my case, it turned out that i messed up with zypper download and downloaded some rpms in the system memory without deletuing the rpms later (thus having too little memory space).

Once I resoved that issue, the warning and hinting to removing 100+ packages disappeared. Further, I learned that in the present case I could ignore the warning.

Thanks but this is a very minor upgrade from. 0.1.45 to 0.1.48 so cannot possibly require 500mb. Maybe somebody from Jolla /Sailfish can fix this error please?

Making sure that the erroneous error messages are also removed please would also help. At the moment it seems that 4.0.1.48 needs some serious work.

1 Like