Power flickering

I have a special effect with my XA2: When charging the battery the charging is flickering: It shows up the “disconnect the charger” message every few seconds.

When switched off the battery message is shown every few seconds too. Is this a hardware problem or a software problem with 4.4.0.72?

1 Like

The same issue occurred with my Xperia X when the charger port connection was loose. Have you tried other cables, and moving the cable around a bit when connected, to see if that has any impact?

Did you try different charging devices?

Have you cleaned the usb port properly? It always happens to me, when some dirt is inside…

1 Like

I had the same error on my XA2, with some fast charging adapters. Does your error occur with all knd of chargers?

2 Likes

This happens with QuickCharge adapters. Use non-QC adapters to charge the XA2.

2 Likes

I had this with my XA2 too a long time ago, and yesterday it appeared first time on my 10 III. But all that is related to my car charger, but occurs only with devices running SFOS so far. So this might be a mixture between phone hardware, charger/cable and the OS.

The XA2 had not been used in my car for a long time so I can’t say if this problem is still existing.

But on 10 III it happend first right after the .72 update and never before.

1 Like

I had some cables long time ago that caused the same effects, also using power USB charger, 3 sockets, 2,4 A. After i replaced the thin cables with better ones it works fine.

Ok for all: I did a harder Reset (holding both volume keys). After that everything worked fine again.

1 Like