Patchmanager patches in Koli 4.0.1

just :smiley:

can i do that with pkcon or do i need something else ?

found that on tjc

pkcon install lipstick-jolla-home-qt5

yes, pkcon install package. Find package to reinstall with rpm -qf /usr/share/changed/file

ok now i got it: you mean i.e.:
rpm -qf ‘path to conflicting file’ like /usr/share/lipstick…/launcher/Launcherfolder.qml

i will try now to re-install
thanks !

in case it helps others:

pkcon install --allow-reinstall lipstick-jolla-home-qt5

did reinstall lipstick, reboot, all same as before. will leave it for today. phone is operable

if i apply patch i get the unres error
if i then do patch -R and then do apply i still get an apply error the the patch info now does not complain about unreversed patch buth shows:

test if already applied patch

checking this file
checking that file
eof

Show full output of apply process

when i do path -R i always get the question: ignore -R

yesterday i said y

was that correct ?

cause today i said no and then i get a second question : apply anyway

which i did

todays log of patch -R

[root@Xperia10-DualSIM patches]# patch -R -p1 -d / -i /usr/share/patchmanager/patches/launcher-combined/unified_diff.patch
patching file usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/launcher/Launcher.qml
Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
5 out of 5 hunks ignored – saving rejects to file usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/launcher/Launcher.qml.rej
patching file usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/launcher/LauncherFolder.qml
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
11 out of 11 hunks ignored – saving rejects to file usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/launcher/LauncherFolder.qml.rej
patching file usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/launcher/LauncherGrid.qml
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
4 out of 4 hunks ignored – saving rejects to file usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/launcher/LauncherGrid.qml.rej
patching file usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/launcher/LauncherView.qml
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
2 out of 2 hunks ignored – saving rejects to file usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/launcher/LauncherView.qml.rej
patching file usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/layers/LauncherLayer.qml
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored – saving rejects to file usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/layers/LauncherLayer.qml.rej
[root@Xperia10-DualSIM patches]#
[root@Xperia10-DualSIM patches]# patch -R -p1 -d / -i /usr/share/patchmanager/patches/launcher-combined/unified_diff.patch
patching file usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/launcher/Launcher.qml
Apply anyway? [n] y
Hunk #1 FAILED at 19.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 44.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 166.
Hunk #4 FAILED at 249.
Hunk #5 FAILED at 270.
5 out of 5 hunks FAILED – saving rejects to file usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/launcher/Launcher.qml.rej
patching file usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/launcher/LauncherFolder.qml
Apply anyway? [n] y
Hunk #1 FAILED at 12.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 73.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 82.
Hunk #4 FAILED at 95.
Hunk #5 FAILED at 129.
Hunk #6 FAILED at 163.
Hunk #7 FAILED at 181.
Hunk #8 FAILED at 197.
Hunk #9 FAILED at 219.
Hunk #10 FAILED at 247.
Hunk #11 FAILED at 310.
11 out of 11 hunks FAILED – saving rejects to file usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/launcher/LauncherFolder.qml.rej
patching file usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/launcher/LauncherGrid.qml
Apply anyway? [n] y
Hunk #1 FAILED at 14.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 112.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 297.
Hunk #4 FAILED at 375.
4 out of 4 hunks FAILED – saving rejects to file usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/launcher/LauncherGrid.qml.rej
patching file usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/launcher/LauncherView.qml
Apply anyway? [n] y
Hunk #1 FAILED at 10.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 25.
2 out of 2 hunks FAILED – saving rejects to file usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/launcher/LauncherView.qml.rej
patching file usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/layers/LauncherLayer.qml
Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n] y

log after patch -R with

what i do not get:
re-install lipstick does not help it

when i do apply the patch with -N and it results in no errors, just the list of files, the launcher is broken.
but my main point would be: why do i get after re-install still the reversed patch error ?

update:
i can apply force-large-cover from commandline with -N and it works, i can also reverse it with -R
however i can not install the patch from patchmanager.
after installing it from cmdline patch manager will not show it as install, not even after reboot, but it works, so it is installed

the launcher patch installed from commandline, will also not show up and result is: launcher is invisible only the tiny white handle is visible

applied=@Invalid()

this shows pm2.conf

is that ok ?

Hi @coderus,

I can confirm that patchmanager isn’t working properly in Koli (even the latest one taken from your PR on github): no way to install any patch in the list.

My system is clear (unaltered) from any previous patch (confirmed by: 1. I have reverse any patch manually before upgrading to SFOS 4.0; 2. reinstalling lipstick didn’t help; 3. the output of patch -R).

Also applying the latest version of your (excellent) launcher-combined patch manually (with patch cli) leads to the same issue reported by @pawel.spoon

Anyway, thanks a lot for all the time you have spent around patchmanager and various patches over past years :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

I n my case , I cant even get the web catalog upload. It doesnt show anything.

Downloaded and installed the artifact and Patchmanager is working again(XA2, 4.0.1.45). Thank you! Only your Launcher Combined patch crashes patchmanager after restarting lipstick. All patches are unapplied and i have to select Resolv Failure from patchmanager pulley.

1 Like

My C, X and XA2 (4.0.1.48) started working after removing busybox-symlinks-bash and installing gnu-bash.

Launcher Combined same as miau.

1 Like

I also removed busybox-symlinks-bash and installed gnu-bash.

1 Like

hu i cant find the artifact can you send me a working link

You need to be logged in to Github, so sign up, verify account, sign in, download the file output-rpms in Actions, unzip and install

2 Likes

Links for the artifact works on my PC, doesn’t on Jolla browser.

Edit: indeed, logging in is the clue.

thank you i did it unforn. no patch is working even coderus patch for 4.0.1.48.on device xperia x F5321

Addendum to my original message in this discussion thread:

@coderus,
I also did pkcon remove busybox-symlinks-bash, which automatically installs the gnu-bash RPM, right after upgrading to SFOS 4.0.1.
This may be a reason, why Patchmanager 3 (the recent pipeline artefact) on SFOS 4.0.1 works fine for some and does not for others.

Plus, I also do not use the “launcher-combined” patch.

P.S.: Another factor may be, if the primary user is nemo (or defaultuser symlinked by nemo), or if it is defaultuser: On my testing device it is nemo.

4 Likes

@:olf great thank you

I confirm that removing busybox-bash solved the patch installation. they are now working.

3 Likes