REPRODUCIBILITY: constantly on certain android apps; never in others
BUILD ID = OS VERSION: 18.104.22.168
HARDWARE: Xperia XA2 - Dual SIM
UI LANGUAGE: Finnish
REGRESSION: can’t say for sure
On some android apps when you write something and then move caret to some other location, the previous word will stay underlined and the subsequent inputs will be added after that underlined word rather than the newly switched claret location.
One these android apps:
- Nimbus note v. 22.214.171.124e6d303
- Turtl v. android-0.7.2.5
- Notion v. 126.96.36.199.26 (Mobile 0.6.47)
- Outlook v. 4.2048.4 (32048815); only when writing an email, but not when creating a calendar entry.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
(While using one of the previously mentioned apps)
- Create a new note (or in Outlook, new email).
- Click on the note’s (or email’s) body and write multiple words and do leave the caret on the end of the final word (e.g do not press space, or comma or period in the end).
- While the last word is still underlined, move caret on to a other word.
- write into that new caret location.
The input will appear in the location where you moved the caret.
The input appears after the last, underlined word.
This behaviour has not been present in some other android apps I have, like Trello, Whatsapp, Ticktick, Telegram, Signal, Trackendar, Boost.