No Android support, predictive text input and outlook exchange on flashed device

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 2 times flashed -> 100%
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 3.4.0.24
HARDWARE (Jolla1, Tablet, XA2,…): XA2
UI LANGUAGE: German
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): ?

DESCRIPTION:

After flashing a new device the android support and above mentioned apps weren’t available during the first boot up and therefore I couldn’t install them. They aren’t also available in the jolla store or at least not visible for the device.
The device is two full days online, partly with WiFi and mobile data. I rebooted the device several times during these days. In my jolla account the device is visible and bound to its own license.

PRECONDITIONS:

Used the device three full days on Android 9 to check if everything is working. Nothing detected.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Following the installation guide
  2. Flash the device
  3. Log into the jolla account after first boot

EXPECTED RESULT:

Android support, predictive text input and outlook exchange should be available

ACTUAL RESULT:

The contrary.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

If you need a certain log file please advise how to retrieve it. As I’m more a user I’ve no clue, where to look at… :sweat:

You have to enter the same Jolla Account in settings that you used to buy the license, then these elements will be available as apps in Jolla store

Good point, but I own only one jolla account.

One can use the same Jolla account on multiple devices (or create different accounts).
Each device must have a Sailfish X licence of its own, so there must be as many licences are there are devices. One Jolla account can hold several licences.

See: https://jolla.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003837053-What-is-Sailfish-X-licence

Hi @jovirkku,

yes, as you described in one of my questions before here.

I’ve done so and bought another license. Looking in my jolla account under devices shows the related device with the IMEI number and it was activated on the correct day 15th Oct this year.
I’ve opened a case in the jolla helpdesk and ask them to look if something is wrong with my licenses.

Good. That was the right thing to do.

1 Like

I received a message from Jolla Service and Support today which says, that everything should work now as expected.
And it does!
Totally impressed that the problem was solved that quick.
Thanks to everyone involved :relieved:

Cheers!

2 Likes