Nextcloud in gallery doesn't show shared file

REPRODUCIBILITY: 100%
OS VERSION: 4.4.0.72
HARDWARE: Xperia 10
UI LANGUAGE: Polish
REGRESSION: no idea

DESCRIPTION:

Once connected with nextcloud account, the gallery app has a nextcloud view, that view doesn’t show files I shared from SFOS.

PRECONDITIONS:

Nextcloud account

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Setup nextcloud account
  2. go to gallery app and share one file with nextcloud

EXPECTED RESULT:

The shared file will show up in the Gallery > Nextcloud > Photos

ACTUAL RESULT:

The shared file is not showing in the Gallery > Nextcloud > Photos

MODIFICATIONS:

Patchmanager: VolumeKeys

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

The file is of course visible when I use web browser and check this on the NextCloud account. It’s in that exact place. The file has been uploaded 3 days ago. Only after selecting “synchronize” under nextcloud account, the file did show up there.

Ok, it seems I didn’t have synchronization enabled. Otoh it’s kind of odd that it was disabled. I don’t recall I did that. Hmm on “new account” screen for nextcloud, there’s even no such option. Does it mean that it’s available only when I edit it? If so that should be changed as it seems user may not be aware, he must set the sync intervals to get this working.

Indeed, the Acvount creation wizards and acount edit pages differ in functionalities.
Thisistrue for not only NC.

I agree, and actually there’s already a bug report about this in our internal bug tracker. If you’d like to have it tracked publicly here, please create a separate bug report about this.

Is there a reason why it is mandatory to create a new bug report? Couldn’t it be marked as tracked?

I can’t add “tracked” tag to a comment.

Could you close this bug report and invite the users to comment this one: Nextcloud account doesn’t have sync enabled by default

thank you in advance

Please continue discussion on the other thread, see the link in the above comment