Maximum power saving for hiking

I am going hiking in a remote area. When I used android, I made sure that the system is as dead as possible when the display is off.

Does anyone have experience with something like this already?

Ideas for things that affect wakeup intervals?

2 Likes

No idea on that but GET a power bank. Big one.

2 Likes

I’d install the app Situations and set the phone to airplane mode when the display is off.

3 Likes

And solar panels for charging. And in case of cloudy weather a generator. If the fuel is used up, switch to coal. Otherwise use a mobile nuclear plant.

Joking aside:

• In Settings > System > System > Battery, activate power saving
  • In Settings > System > Information > Android support, stop the Android runtime
3 Likes

Got put the android app support settings shortcut in your top menu.

also i am writing this while caming and i am fine so far with a relatively big solar panel that always charges a 15.000 mAh powerbank as soon as the sun shines. Then when i need power i g my phone in to that.
that all powersmy phone everyday and besides the daily kuri tracking i can even watch some videos or browse quite a bit.

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestions. Automatic flightmode is a good suggestion, switching off Android support as well.

The charging situation is already sorted, I do have a solar charger with me.

I will play with some metrics and see if I find things that affect how often the phone wakes up on its own.

1 Like

If you are using 10 III you can do

for i in {0..7}; do echo -n "schedutil" > "/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu$i/cpufreq/scaling_governor"; done

As by a mistake in official config cores 6 and 7 are by default set to performance
Also you could lower lowest frequency

for i in {0..7}; do echo -n "300000" > "/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu$i/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq"; done

But not sure how much it will help.
(in theory you don’t need to use a for loop, just set those values to cores 0 and 6)

Folks with mobile solar panels,
How many Watts did you choose?

I have an anker solar with 24 watts for about 400gramm. Charges my 10II usually with about 1400 mA

1 Like