[4.1.0][4.0.1] List of Recent Contacts different (depends on how you enter the People app)

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 100%
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): Build: 4.0.1.48 (Koli)
HARDWARE (XA2, Xperia 10…): XA2 Plus
UI LANGUAGE: English
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): i think that older versions also contained the problem, but not sure.

DESCRIPTION:

Depending on how i enter my contacts - the list of the recent contacts is populated a different way:

When i open the Phone app and the click on the “People” tab at the top the contact list under “Recent” has a specific order - i do not know by what it is sorted, or how the order is determined.

When i open the People app directly i have a different List of contacts under “Recent” - the order does match my order of phone calls (at least it is quite likely) - in contrast to the list when i enter the Contacts via the phone app → People tab.

It this a bug or is this the inteded behaviour. To me it feels like a bug.

PRECONDITIONS:

None

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Enter Contacts directly via the People app. Remember the list of Recent Contacts
  2. The close the People app.
  3. Open the Phone app and click on the People Tab → The Recent list looks different.

EXPECTED RESULT:

Recent list is always the same - no matter how you enter the Contacts

ACTUAL RESULT:

The Recent list is populated with different contact depending on how you enter the App.
See the two attached screenshots.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)

2 Likes

Still occurs for me with 4.1.0 → unfortunately i have no idea how to change the original post.

1 Like

Confirm, same result ) Is it a bug, or feature? )

Looks like the behaviour is changed in 4.2. When i open the People App i do not see the “Recent” anymore. When i open the Phone app and go to the People Tab the “Recent” section is present (and seems to have the right order).