Is it normal for a 10III to do password request twice on a reboot?

On my XA2 I reboot, it gets to themed login screen, i input the passcode, and it boots into the themed desktop.

On my 10IV I reboot, it gets to a black login screen, i input the passcode, then it takes you to the themed login screen, i input the same code again, and it boots into the themed desktop.

Is this normal on a 10IV?

1 Like

Yes, it’s normal. The first passcode is for decryption the user data partition, the second is for the “regular” use. It looks like your XA2 isn’t encrypted.

4 Likes

thank you.

think my XA2 was done in the 3.1 era.

1 Like

Do you mean III?  

1 Like

Yes i do. :smiley:

Apologies.

While it is normal for current SFOS, actually, it is not normal at all!

The pasword is the same, so J should just cache the password for the second input in time-expiring keyring. As linux’s cryptsetup already does.

PS I’m not even talking about possibility to have different passwords for LUKS encryption and unlocking, which, too, was asked from J.

4 Likes

I took the liberty to change the title to lessen confusion among readers :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You also have to add to the input “passwords” you have to type after a reboot the PIN.

In general the whole experience is not that great. Ideally you should only need to enter a password once.

2 Likes