Installation on Sony Xperia 10 III, actual Android 12

Hi, I’m new to the forum and inexperienced with Sailfish. I bought a Xperia 10 III and want to install SailfishOS on it from Ubuntu 20.04.

Because it was recommended to downgrade to Android 11, I did so far:

Now I try step 4 in the command line:
~$ fastboot devices
HQ61AR1042 fastboot

~$ fastboot oem unlock 0x371B3A1AD7450139
                   FAILED (remote: 'Command not allowed')

Can anyone help me in the next steps to unlock the device first?

Regards Speedy-10

1 Like

Edit: I found in the developer-settings “OEM unlock”, which I enabled now :slight_smile: → phone unlocked

1 Like

Great! You can accept your own answer as the solution.

Another Problem with Storeman Installer | OpenRepos.net — Community Repository System

I downloaded the installer from the proposed link:
https://openrepos.net/sites/default/files/packages/6416/harbour-storeman-installer-1.1.0-1.4.1.jolla_.noarch.rpm

This step doesn’t work as described:
“Find the “Storeman Installer” icon in the device’s app grid, tap it and wait for Storeman installation finishes - the “Storeman Installer” icon should be replaced by Storeman itself.”

→ The “Storeman Installer” icon still is on screen and “Storeman” itself doesn’t appear .

1 Like

Can someone give me a hint, what to do to finish the installation? Should I provide some information from the terminal? With Ubuntu I used journalctl -f to get some information. What would be appropriate command here?

If the storeman installer does not work, just download the aarch64 build from openrepos or chum and install it.

Thanks, I used now: Release 1.2.8 · storeman-developers/harbour-storeman-installer · GitHub
It works.

1 Like