In-vehicle communication tablet device

Hello everyone,
First time creating a topic, long time Sailfish Admirer.

I am in the process of building a complete vehicle telematics infrastructure, which at this point in time I am building the Backend server, as well as Integrating GPS tracking devices and creating solutions for all customer bases, including Video recording functionalities.

When we purchased the IoT Server, we were given a bonus of flexibility to the point where we can integrate Smart devices including tablets to provide a world of benefits to both the Driver and the Fleet manager.

We have decided to offer 2 solutions which we will be calling “DriverConsole” to cater for General use market (Electricians, Plumbers, Couriers, etc.), and one specifically for the Transport industry.
Both devices are running Android 6 OS with the Transport industry version having the option for running Linux 3.10.
I am finalising the decision for the General use device, while I have a sample Transport industry version device sitting on my desk.

Firstly, how do I go about requesting for an evaluation license, and how do I go about installing Sailfish into the Transport industry device?
The above device is manufactured by CP-Device and the model is Apollo 7B if this helps. Right now the device is running Android 6.

Thank you in advance,
Michael

1 Like