Google Calendar does not sync

yes, it is the same as in the previous OS version.
Also in Sailfish OS 3.3 Google calendar did not work even though syncing could be switched on in accounts, and there never was a message like ‘sync not accomplished’.
Now we have Sailfish OS 3.4 and there was hope for some of us, Google sync might work again.

There was a bug fix…but it seems that Google changed their API (or the implementation) again.

yes, who knows. But Jolla better mark such a feature as currently disfunctional.
I am using calDAV/cardDAV now, but my provider’s implementation of openXchange is not very good.
And I miss my android calendar with syncing todo list. Maybe DAVdroid works in SaifishOS 3.4?
Also I miss public transport schedules, they send calendar items straight to google ;(

Following the release of 3.4 my Calendar seemed to be synced with my latest Google entries being added when I added my Google account. There were duplicates though and subsequently entries would not sync as new and edited entries in Google were not pulled through to Sailfish X10 plus.

I’ve just deleted my gcal.ini file (the old work around) and my duplicate entries disappeared and I was able to sync my latest entries. Whether this is now permanently fixed though I don’t know.

2 Likes

where’s gcal.ini located? I would like to try.

@danielfinsler gcal.ini is in home/nemo/.local/share/system/privileged/Sync

Note the period before “local”

You will need to have root access. I’ve found that using CargoDock with Cargo Dock Root allows me to do this without having to use terminal and I can save a bookmark to the folder so I don’t have to navigate to it all the time.

Once you’ve deleted gcal.ini try syncing in Settings, Accounts, Google rather than in the Calendar App.

Google calendar sync works on 3.4.0.24.

1 Like

(only after deleting gcal.ini if it were stuck before) it seems to work very nicely indeed.

thanks for reporting the upgrade - didn’t pay attention.
i’ll test it!

just upgraded and reinstalled my GSuite account.
And indeed it seems to FINALLY work flawlessly!

did some more advanced tests with repeated events, then deleted some of the occurrences of those events, and it works! <3

on my XA2, after deleting gcal.ini, sync works. New items carry over from device to google and vrom google to device.
However a new full day event created in google will not carry over to the device, syncing google>device gets broken. On deletion of gcal.ini the sync will work again. OS 3.4.0.24, XA2 single sim

For me it works. Anyway, there is also dedicated bug report: https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/whole-day-event-and-google-calendar/

On my XA2 after a few try the google calendar begin to sync, flooding me with duplicate events each it syncs.
I try all the solution listed here:

• Deleting and creating the acount
  • deleting the gcal.ini file
  • Deleting the mkcal directory

None of them work.
Now calendar is unable to sync.

Does someone have a clean solution?

1 Like

XA2 here.
While I reported previously that GSuite calendar worked fine, I am now facing a sync issue again.

The way it was triggered I believe:

• received an invitation for a meeting
  • meeting was rescheduled to 30 min afterwards
  • moving forward, no sync from Gsuite to SFOS works anymore
  • i can still create appointments on my XA2 and they are synch’ed to Google,
  • but if i delete this appointment from Google server or iCal, or modify it, it is not synch’ed back / removed on my SFOS calendar.

As @jovirkku said here:

I was looking forward to try sync google calendar again, which I stopped few builds before because of creating duplicates again.
I’ve bought XA2 and tries this new update with login to Google account and calendar events are still duplicated after each syncing :frowning:
So issue still appears…

same here, after duplicating some full day events (in Google) the calender will not sync anymore.

i worked around that by removing the Google account, removing gcal.ini, and recreating the Google account. Calendar sync works so far.

2 Likes

I tried the cleaning and enabling a couple of times too, but the duplicates just return. Both on a XA2 and the Jolla.

1 Like

Syncing my calender also doesn’t work anymore. I have a lot of duplicated calendar items, items removed from the calendar (not executed on phone) will not result in the item deleted (known issue) and now an item doesn’t appear on the phone, while it’s in the calendar.

Calendar function is getting really more and more useless over time. Sorry to say this, but the duplicate bug is there for quite some time now, is really annoying and some other basic stuff (like syncing and deleting) isn’t reliable or does not work at all.