First row from bottom on App grid "interact" with Top menu

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 100%
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 4.1.0.24 (Kvarken)
HARDWARE (XA2, X10, X10 II, …): Xperia 10 II - Dual Sim
UI LANGUAGE: English
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): ?

DESCRIPTION:

If I interact first on app grid on first row from the bottom, I have to click twice to do something. Otherwise Top Menu appears if swiping down or “nothing” happen if swiping up.

PRECONDITIONS:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. From Home, swipe to the up. App grid appear
  2. Press on the first row from the bottom and swipe down.
  3. Top menu appear

EXPECTED RESULT:

If an application icon is touched, open it.
If area is pressed for a long time : rearrange the location of applications or enable possibility to uninstall applications
If swiped up, show next page.
If swiped down, close app grid.

ACTUAL RESULT:

Show Top Menu if swiped down

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)

5 Likes

Confirming this behaviour (feature? or glitch) on 3.2.1.20!

But when normal tapping it opens application.
And swiping down cannot open next page, as it is the first one.

But well spotted :wink:

To access the next page of the app grid you must swipe UP!

Swiping down with open app grid one time should close the app grid, only if app grid is closed swiping down should open top menu.

edit: as @peterleinchen said, app grid icons are not designated for swiping them, only for tapping them to open.

You’re right. I just explained how to show Top menu using this bug. I rephrase my sentence.

1 Like

Hard to reproduce, because it only occurs if the downswipe from the last (or the penultimate) row is the first action after opening the app grid. It also only occurs on the first page (Xperia 10 ii with 4.1)

Expected result would be: app grid closes and home screen reappears

Yes, but only if you swipe down. I update my bug report.

Well, it’s quite annoying if you want to open an app located on this row and I’m often confronted with this bug because I interact mostly with the inferior part of the screen.

I see this too. First tap on the lowest row goes unnoticed, as if caught by a swipe-only surface.
Strangely this surface is larger if the phone is on its side, despite the app drawer not rotating.

On the Xperia 10 II, it actually happens on the bottom two rows. Nice find!

It’s also affecting my Xperia 10.

This still happens in 4.2 :frowning:

1 Like

Happens no more in my XA2 Plus - 4.2.0.19. Looks like the issue was fixed.

1 Like

Still happens in 4.3 on Xperia 10 II.

1 Like

Managed to reproduce it once: had show ambiences in top menu off, switched it on and then bug occurs. Just wondering: does this setting influence the behavior?

1 Like

Just remembered this and tried it.
No, this still occurs on 4.3.0 and is independent from the ambieces shown in top menu.

1 Like

Thanks for reporting this @pherjung and for all the follow-ups about it. I’ve logged it as an internal bug. As far as I can tell it’s not yet fixed, so any fix won’t make it into the next release I’m afraid, but hopefully after.

2 Likes

Since it hasn’t been mentioned, and for the bump-factor…
I have a feeling that this is why the hang-up button doesn’t work on first press on my Xperia 10 III as well.

This issue does also occur on my 10II 4.5.0.16. Using ‘edge swipe control’ from Nephros (chum) seems to resolve (/hide) it?

I noticed this quite a while ago. I seem to always have to tap an app icon twice, but as stated, it’s only the apps at the bottom of the app drawer. Top menu peaks briefly on the first press…I assumed it’s just me not tapping the icon accurately enough.

Confirming with X10III with 4.5.

1 Like