First comment on the new Sailfish OS Forum

It’s great to see the evolution of the Sailfish Forum. Hope this site serves to develop and impulse SailfishOS platform even further! Keep the good work sailors!

18 Likes

I very much like the new Forum… Looks really nice and polished :+1:
#SailOn

3 Likes

Agreed - this looks much better than AskBot / TJC - let’s hope this allows moving SFOS forward :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hopefully the tools for spam fighting are better here than at TJC. Can’t be much worse at least.

3 Likes

I like that the forum is located under sailfishos.org instead of jolla.com.

8 Likes

Great Scott!,. . . Askbot is a steaming pile of manure!, this looks much better!!.

5 Likes

I concur, this is a great step forward. :+1:

2 Likes

Can topics be edited to fix typos ? (Sialfish ?) :smiley:

4 Likes

Thanks for this forum. I think it is an important move forward!
I think we could also have a section to discuss specific application development project. On the one hand the Application could be presented in a thread but the developer or dev-team could also bring up questions or ask for support there. Just as an Idea.

3 Likes

Great! Can we discuss here future refund for Tablet)?

2 Likes

Discourse! Good choice :smile:

2 Likes

The site looks refreshing. Let’s Sail On

2 Likes

It’s seems to be the same forum software that PlatformIO uses. Very modern!

3 Likes

And Mozilla:

Discourse:

2 Likes

Right. Although I’ll miss TJC a bit… :cry: … so nostalgic…

6 Likes

Nice step forward… :clap:

2 Likes

Nice new start. I believe it will take a few days getting used to it but all in all a welcome improvement.

3 Likes

Why under sailfishos, and not Jolla?

1 Like

Because Sailfish OS is the topic. And when something is a subdomain of jolla.com, the community can never really expect to become first-class citizens. It will always be controlled by a single company. I see moving to sailfishos.org as a step for Sailfish OS to become more of a community-driven project.

7 Likes

I like it. I haven’t tried it on XA2 yet though.

2 Likes