Fernschreiber , not able to access contacts

Running SF on xperia 10II .
Installed fernschreiber and quite happy with it, but it can’t access contacts, opening a new discussion with people.I have in contacts is not possible. No contacts and cant find any place to put a phone number directly. HELp

Did you get this resolved? I just registered with a new number and now when I go to create a new chat, Fernschreiber says, “You don’t have any contacts.”

At that time I got answer, that it’s by design, caused by sandboxing. Stopped using fernscreiber for other reasons layer, so I have no ibfo if something is chaged. please contact directly to author of Fernscreiber.

This is still the case, and while it’s technically possible to (re-)implement, Fernschreiber dev has stated it will not be dine until Jolla enables a standard way to to it.

Currently there is none.

So at the moment to add contacts you will have to do it on another device (Android client or desktop app), Fernschreiber will pick them up then.

1 Like

Hmmm. One could disable the Sailjail clauses of the desktop file for the time being to get contacts in?

Did anyone try copying the contacts db to somewhere within the Fernschreiber directory structure? Obviously, this would only allow for static contacts, but I don’t meet so many new people I want to chat with that this would be a problem. :slight_smile: