REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): Always
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): latest build 184.108.40.206
HARDWARE (Jolla1, Tablet, XA2,…): Sony Xperia 10 Plus Dual SIM
UI LANGUAGE: English
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): ? - I hope not
Email client whether using Gmail or Outlook there are several issues that should be tested via a beta program before being released perhaps.
The email in portrait mode opens up not fitting the screen so always having to zoom down manually each time I go to the next email.
Going to the next email means you have to go back then select the next email - is this how it was designed or is there a fault in this build?
It never shows images - so you have to select “…Show images” each time.
No default settings for deciding the above would be useful so that at least these can be fixed.
Test using Sony Xperia 10 Plus in portrait mode - however points 2, 3 & 4 still apply.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
- Open the default Email client
- Choose an email of choice as added from the Accounts option in Settings
- Test the above issues and these will be as I noted
- As this is software written for mobile phones then the email client should by now have these issues sorted out as they are standard points that should be working as part of the core experience for any mobile o/s.
- Should render the email content to fit the page in portrait and landscape and have flex properties to fit different screens. It does resize when switching from portrait to landscape but I suggest they may need to be adjusted to fit correctly for different sized devices.
(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)
See screenshot of an email on first opening.