Each time Sailfish is updated

Hello everybody,
forgive the strange question: but am I the only “maniac” who, with each update of Sailfish, makes a new flash, without installing the previous version on top, anyway? :blush:
Ah, I’have an Experia XA2 Dual Sim.
Thanks a lot to those who will have the patience to answer me!

Renzo

1 Like

You are probably not the only one, but I’ll add my voice as someone who just updates over the air and never had any problems.

If you look at the forum after a release you get the impression that almost noone can update normally. But I guess thats just a representation bias.

1 Like

I also subjectively preferred to reflash.
Because of the representation bias, maybe.

1 Like

I haven’t had any issues with over-the-air updates since the Jolla1, C, XperiaX and XA2. However, the root size was increased for all except J1. When a new update is released, the servers are usually overloaded at first ;-), but that resolves itself after a short time.

1 Like

The update from 4.2 to 4.3 failed on my Xperia 10, phone crashed, reasons unknown. So I had to reflash, but now it works fine . Previous updates worked OK since one and a half year, since SFOS 3.3

1 Like

I reflashed only once after forcing a patch into the system which afterwards prevented me from logging in. Happy with less experiments and OTA updates since 2017.

1 Like

Good evening everyone,
and excuse me if I answer only now, but this damn Covid continues to cause annoyance …
Thank you for your experiences! On the one hand I am pleased not to be the only one, on the other you put your trust in me to try to make OTA updates without necessarily making a new flash. :smiley:

I have always done the updates over the air and the only problems I got have been when doing the GUI update. Fortunately, I never lost information or got the phone bricked.
Nonetheless, after the “problems” via GUI (mostly the space issues or the “could not update message” after reboot), I have been updating via CLI since the 2.x versions and have never been happier :smiley: